Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Global lines do not always show on all charts

Hi,

I've had this issue for a long time, over multiple NT8 version, maybe going back a year or more. I use the excellent labels lines addon drawing tool written by one of the NT staff, I believe. It is immensely useful. I have one issue that keeps re-occurring, seemingly randomly though. For some reason, once in a while, a line will simply not show up on all charts. I have all my horizontal lines set to global as default as I want to see them on all charts. Once in a while, like this am, I will completely miss one as it did not appear on my entry chart at all. Here is a screen shot across both my charts, showing the lines are appearing on the time based charts, but not on the tick chart. I get this quite often. The line properties are also shown, You can see it is set to global. If I add another line, it also does not show. If I add a NT8 built in horizontal line, it does - So, I think it is specific to the labelled lines addon. There are no errors displayed in the log. It just silently does not propagate across all the charts.

Perhaps you could feed this back to the author, or offer some advice as to how I might fix this?
    Attached Files

Hello pjsmith,

Thanks for your post, and I am glad you found my tool useful!

I use GetAttachedToChartBars in the script so I can get the instrument that the tool was drawn on. As stated in the help guide, this does not work for global drawing objects. In the last changes I made to the DrawingTool, more verbose information will be displayed if the tool was added as a global drawing object to avoid exceptions related to this limitation.

GetAttachedToChartBars - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ochartbars.htm

The most recent version can be found here - https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...-drawing-tool/

The link above is publicly available.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

If you spot another issue with the current version, I'll be happy to take a look provided I have some steps to take to reproduce the issue consistently.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for this. I've updated it. I read the notes, but I think there is one issue you might be able to help me with. I was using 'Draw.LabeledHorizontalLine' in one of my own scripts. It seems this is not possible any more and in the notes I can see it says you changed things there a bit, perhaps. Is it still possible to use the lines from scripts. If so, could you suggest how. Thanks.

Comment

Hello pjsmith,

I switched the NinjaScript overloads to use "DrawLL" instead of "Draw" so the script can be included with a DLL if one wishes.

As a tip, DrawingTool NinjaScript overloads can be referenced in the Drawing Tool's source code, typically at the bottom of the script. I implemented NinjaScript overloads after line 649.

JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Found it. Perfect - Thank you

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
          14 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post aligator  
          Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM