Unhandled Exception - NT won't run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unhandled Exception - NT won't run

I have been using NT8 for only about a week, got this error message, and now NT will not run at all. Full text of the error message:
    "Unhandled Exception: Index and length must refer to a location within the string. Parameter name: length"

I have tried all the following multiple times:
    Repairing NinjaTrader
    Uninstalling and re-installing NinjaTrader.
    I have rebooted at least a dozen times, including in between uninstalls/repairs.

I am using Windows 10 Pro ver 20H2 (64-bit) - this is a brand-new installation of Windows I created just to run NinjaTrader, and I have not installed any other software on this machine, including anti-virus. I have never used this computer for any web browsing, email, etc. Just NT. Even this post I am doing from another computer.

I am running NT 64-bit, but when I run 32-bit, I get the same results.

Every once in a while (maybe 1 in 5 or 6 times) NT will run, but as soon as I exit and try to run it again, I get the error.

I also will get this error on occasion: "An error has occurred in the script on this page" with a URL I don't recognize, it is not a ninjatrader domain, and it only happens when I try to run NinjaTrader, and never came up before I started getting the Unhandled Exception error. Whether I click on Yes or No, ninjatrader fails to load.

Screenshots of both errors attached.

I would appreciate any help, as NT is now completely dead.

Griffin

Hello Griffin,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. The first thing I would recommend doing is shutting down NinjaTrader and restarting your modem/router.

If you have an antivirus/firewall installed you will want to add NinjaTrader to its exceptions list.

Please write into to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post.

Include ticket number 3036352 in the body of the email.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
    Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
    Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

We look forward to assisting further.

Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Just to follow up for anybody that may have the same issue and find this posting: The only suggestion that Support could offer was to reboot, and reinstall NT, which I had already done several times, and which did not resolve the issue. After several days of back and forth, it was obvious that they had no idea about this error. Because my installation was on a Virtual Machine, I just deleted the VM, created a new, clean Windows 10 VM (which had all unnecessary software removed), and did a new installation of NT8. I manually re-created my charts as I did not want to export/import any corruption that may have been in the original installation.

This, of course, resulted in a new Machine ID, but I only had one (free) add-on tied to the old Machine ID, which was easy to re-install. I realize this may not be an available solution for others, but it worked for me. I have been using the new installation for about a week with no problems.

If this issue re-occurs, I will add onto this thread.

Griffin

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Irukandji, Yesterday, 02:53 AM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Irukandji  
      Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes