Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to complete Playback session "Strategy Unable to submit order"

Hello,

I seemed to be running smoothly in Playback mode and then got the following errors (see attached).

There is one Error about account below minimum cash.

Also "Unable to submit order" Strategy sent cancel request attempted to close the position and terminated itself"

There is no position showing up in the Accounts or positions tab.?

In addition I raised the account balance to 1,000,000 and cash to 1,000,000 in the SIM101 account.

I was about halfway through the playback data earlier. Now the errors are occurring very early on in the data. I've disconnected and reconnected Playback several times?

These strategies by the way have been running for weeks in SIM and Live trading without any issue at all you guys have done an amazing job having the ability to switch from a back test phase to Live trading without having to change a line of code. And it's incredible stable and reliable

I also noticed that the P&L reported in the strategy tab is never the same as in the account tab, which one is correct?

The strategies are all set to Wait Until Flat, which I thought would solve some of the out of sync situations/

Any help would be appreciated ?

thank you
    glen
    Attached Files
    Last edited by demarcog; 03-27-2021, 12:43 AM.

Hello demarcog,

Thank you for your post.

Could you please send the log and trace from your platform to look further into this inquiry?

To send me your log and trace files from within NinjaTrader. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Email Support in NinjaTrader. Put '3031611 Att Shawn', in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'. Also, give a reference of this thread in the body of the email.

We look forward to assisting you further.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Email with logs on it's way

thank you
      glen

Comment

Hi Shawn,

I really appreciate your help in working on this problem, hopefully it won't be too difficult as the developers were brilliant in recording as much as they do in the log and trace files, it's rare a product has the foresight to anticipate problems and probably most times all they need are the logs and trace. Not surprising as everything about this product is in another ball park from anything I've ever seen and I worked in this field for 30 years,

It happened again about halfway through the two weeks of playback data.

I apologize as apparently I don't know how to search the forum because someone recommended to me to rename and rebuild the sdf data base and that worked. Thank you whoever that was and why can't I see it in my recent posts....

I'll send you the trade and logs and probably will just rename the sdf and restart I have to reload a bunch of strategies but that's fine.

Can I setup a autotrade workspace that has the strategies appear in the strategies tab which I would just have to enable?

Being able to run the strategies from the tab without having a chart and strategy loaded is an incredible feature I had not see or even imagined before. I thought there was a way to see the chart if you wanted to is that possible or maybe it was a feature of the strategy analyzer?
        only because I'm unfamiliar with not doing that.

I'm unclear on the whole synchronizing of strategies if you could send me a resource to help I would appreciate. There is wait until flat and submit immediately both with or without synchronize. I terms of a real trading account,, I normally load up the strategy in a chart and wait until flat. What is the recommended setting for real trading in terms of synchronizing?

Thank you for your help. I'm emailing the log and trace files and will include the post link in the text of the msg and your attention /ticket # in the subject.

glen
        Last edited by demarcog; 03-28-2021, 12:50 PM.

Comment

HI,

The problem happened again and it is a big problem for me.

thanks

Comment

Hello demarcog,

Thanks for your reply.

You can increase the initial cash value for your simulation account to resolve. You can adjust the initial cash amount in the simulator tab of the control center options. Then you will need to reset your simulator account and restart NinjaTrader.

Resetting a simulation account will clear all historical trade data from this account. Please follow the instructions below to reset a simulation account.
            • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Options
            • Select the "Simulator" tab
            • In the Account section you can adjust your Initial cash amount to a much higher value.
            • Press the "Reset" button
            Restart NinjaTrader for changes to take effect.

"Can I setup a autotrade workspace that has the strategies appear in the strategies tab which I would just have to enable?"

Yes, simply save your workspace after applying a strategy from the Strategies tab. However, renaming the database will always remove any applied strategies.

"Being able to run the strategies from the tab without having a chart and strategy loaded is an incredible feature I had not see or even imagined before. I thought there was a way to see the chart if you wanted to is that possible or maybe it was a feature of the strategy analyzer?
            only because I'm unfamiliar with not doing that. "

There isn't a menu option for this in the Strategies tab.

"I'm unclear on the whole synchronizing of strategies if you could send me a resource to help I would appreciate. There is wait until flat and submit immediately both with or without synchronize. I terms of a real trading account,, I normally load up the strategy in a chart and wait until flat. What is the recommended setting for real trading in terms of synchronizing?"

Here is the Syncing Account Positions Help Guide to explain these options and assist you with finding the option that works best for you.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.

Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Shawn,

Can't thank you enough I was renaming the database this is a great to hear I just need to restart. Fingers crossed.
              thanks glen

Comment

Hello,

I am having the same problem. It was very helpful to be able to reset the cash balance in the SIM101 account and restart ninja without renaming the database.

Shawn I sent the logs and trace files several times last week what is the status of the problem?

The problem is occurring right now and I reset and restarted NT and still unable to run Playback due to the same messages about cash balance and unable to cancel an order.

I have about 100 strategies loaded in the strategies Tab and it took me hours to get all the settings right I cannot delete the database and spend another 3 hours building the strategies.

Can someone please suggest a way to resolve this issue without deleting the database?

The must be some way of saving these strategy setups?

It's is stored somewhere can someone offer suggestions on resolving this issue and saving the strategies.

I also don't understand why resetting the SIM101 account resolved this issue several and is not resolving it now?

Thank you

glen

Comment

Hi,

I'm really stuck here I need to get through these tests can someone please take a look at this problem.

Thank you

Comment

Hello,

Please reply to the ongoing ticket you have open with our support team to further troubleshoot the issue.
                    Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
                    Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes