Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Does Playback speed setting effect the accuracy of a playback session?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Playback speed setting effect the accuracy of a playback session?

Does the speed setting during a playback session for example set to Max have any effect on the accuracy of the the trading activity?

I am interested in coming as close as possible to actual SIM/Live trading results running in Playback is there any other settings I should be aware of that would effect accuracy?

It becomes a bit tedious to download Playback data especially if downloaded for a large number of symbols.

My understanding is as long as you have a market analyzer or chart with the specified symbol the playback data will be recorded.

Is there much additional overhead if continually recording Playback data for 25 commodities?

I've never noticed a difference but wanted to double check.

Does the market analyzer with all the symbols have to have 100% uptime in the workspace? For example if one switched to a workspace for a period time that does not have all the symbols does that require a manual playback data download?

thank you

glen

whatever speed over 1x definitely affect "accuracy". On the other hand, 1x does not reflect the actual/realtime accuracy as well.
    In all, Playback in its current implementation is a joke. Somehow, I never push NT to improve Playback as I prefer NT to spend more resources on solving core issues.... such as implemeting the ARM Mac version of NT...

Comment

Hello demarcog,

Thanks for your post.

"Does the speed setting during a playback session for example set to Max have any effect on the accuracy of the the trading activity?"

The Playback Connection Help Guide does not mention that different speeds will produce different results.

" I am interested in coming as close as possible to actual SIM/Live trading results running in Playback is there any other settings I should be aware of that would effect accuracy?"

According to the Discrepancies: Real-Time vs Backtest Help Guide. Differing results in Playback and live are expected.

" It becomes a bit tedious to download Playback data especially if downloaded for a large number of symbols."

Unfortunately, users can only download one day at a time. To download more than one day at a time. You would have to find a third party vendor to get replay data that is available further back and import the replay data into NinjaTrader. If you would like our affiliate NinjaTrader Ecosystem to provide you with a list of professional Market Replay Vendors please let me know. You can also find vendors by performing a Google Search for "Market Replay data for NinjaTrader"

" My understanding is as long as you have a market analyzer or chart with the specified symbol the playback data will be recorded."

Yes, if you have checked the option the 'Enable market recording for playback' option under tools > options > market data and your are loading live data.

" Is there much additional overhead if continually recording Playback data for 25 commodities?"

This will use PC resources. However, I'm not sure how much as there are many factors that can affect this.

" Does the market analyzer with all the symbols have to have 100% uptime in the workspace? For example if one switched to a workspace for a period time that does not have all the symbols does that require a manual playback data download?"

Yes.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.

Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
      6 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post algospoke  
      Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes