Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lagging & Utilization Monitor

Greetings,

Utilization shows Chart Object Fibonacci Retracements is unusually high. In 1 minute 747 Candlesticks and 695 Fibs., running 4 chart windows, all on 1 instrument, the ES, in 1 open Workspace. One chart window has 30 min. and one min. bars, another 3 chart windows have one min. bars, so quite a few Candlesticks.

I have an indicator, running on 1 time, that draws a Fibonacci Retracement, "Draw.FibonacciRetracements(...)", once every 30 minutes, and once every time the 30 minute range increases, so 41 Fibs drawn every 30 min., if the range is 10 points, not a lot.

Is this as expected ?

Thanks,

Bruce

Hello Bruce, thanks for your post.

695 drawing objects would be very demanding on performance. If you don't get performance issues without using the indicator that draws Fibonacci then the indicator would need to be optimized as much as possible. We normally recommend those needing the fastest possible chart graphics use SharpDx in the OnRender method to use a graphics card shader to draw:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._rendering.htm

Kind regards,
    -ChrisL
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Chris,

SharpDx looks helpful.

Does drawing 40 Fibonacci Retracements in 30 minutes need the fastest possible chart graphics ? Might there be something else going on that could be looked into ?

Bruce

Comment

Hello Bruce, thanks for your reply.

I would expect some performance issues if there are anywhere around 695 Fibonacci drawing tools being used. If you are not seeing the issue on a new workspace it would mean the performance issues are coming from the number of drawing tools being used.

Best regards,
        -ChrisL.

Comment

I don't know how you count "tools being used".

I have an indicator, in one, 1 minute chart, in the one open workspace, with 1 day loaded. The indicator draws a Fibonacci Retracement, it redraws this about 80 times an hour. A new Fibonacci Retracement is drawn 1 time only, every 1/2 hour, so 12 Fibonacci Retracements drawn every 30 minutes for the trading day, 8:30 to 3:15. Would that be 13 "tools being used" ?

Would you expect this to use 695 ms in 1 minute, as shown in the Utilization Monitor or is a problem indicated ? If there is a problem, what is it ?

Could you elaborate on "If you are not seeing the issue on a new workspace it would mean the performance issues are coming from the number of drawing tools being used." Do you mean I need to re-create the workspace to see if the utilization is still unusually high ?

Bruce

Comment

Hello Bruce, thanks for your reply.

The amount of tools being used is how many tools are applied to your chart. Counting the total on all of the charts in the workspace will tell you how many drawing tools you are using in the workspace.

To elaborate further on the new workspace: Go to Workspaces>New to open up a new workspace and then close out of the workspace that is lagging. Do you see the same lagging problems on the new workspace? If not, go back to the workspace that you saw lagging on, remove the indicator that is drawing objects to the chart, does performance improve then?

Please let me know if this does not resolve your inquiry.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
            Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
            5 responses
            0 likes