Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Market Replay on demo past 2 weeks? &sim commissions on MR.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Replay on demo past 2 weeks? &sim commissions on MR.

Hi,

The free live data feed on my demo account has just expired, having seen this coming I downloaded some historical data to replay for continued practice as I am not yet consistently profitable in sim
    I had tested the market replay and it worked a few days ago. Just now I tried to load a valid downloaded date range and replay it but nothing happens.
    After the free live data expires on the demo is it required to open an account here in order to replay downloaded market data, or am I just doing something wrong?
    [I guess I couldn't put a pure sim setup on an offline laptop?]

Also, is it possible to add commissions to the playback simulation? I cant find that option.

Running win10 on a fairly standard desktop

Thanks

Hello Lovejoy,

Thank you for your post.

You do not need an account to replay data. Here is the publicly available Playback - YouTube video tutorial to explain how to download, connect and replay market data in NinjaTrader 8.

Users can only replay data that is shown in the available data window. Do you have the data downloaded or recorded for replay?

You can right-click on the Playback Control window and select available data to see what data is available for replay.

Could you please post an image of your chart, playback control window, and the available data window, with the dates and times you are attempting to replay expanded?

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

The Playback101 account properties (e.g., Commissions, Risk, etc.) are created from the Sim101 account.

Please apply a commissions template to the Sim101 account. Please see the following steps to do so.
    • Navigate to the Control Center -> Accounts tab
    • Right click on your Sim101 account and select 'Edit Account...'
    • On the 'Commission' row, you can select a preconfigured commissions template in the pull-down menu
    • Click 'OK
    We look forward to assisting you further.

Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Okay, I found the problem.
      I had downloaded the market replay data under the last contract period and all my screens have just rolled over to the new contract period so it wasn't loading the data.
      I tried to open a screen under the old contract but couldn't find a way to do that so I just went to *\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db\replay and changed the contract period date on the saved replay data folders to the current number and now the data loads in NinjaTrader and runs like normal

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ShawnB View Post
      The Playback101 account properties (e.g., Commissions, Risk, etc.) are created from the Sim101 account.
      Thanks, that makes perfect sense.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post cre8able  
      Started by fiddich, Today, 05:25 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes