ATM Strategy not being entered, only buy/ sell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM Strategy not being entered, only buy/ sell

I set up a custom ATM Strategy, saved it, then selected it in the right drop down tab under ATM Strategy, but when I submit an order by right clicking on the price level, then clicking buy/ sell market, it enters a single contract without the take profit and stop loss orders with it. So, it's not using the strategy I selected.

I'm using a Sim account trading ES futures, and all settings are default apart from chart appearance and tick duration.

When I customized the strategy, I only set the Stop Loss and Profit ticks and didn't change any of the default settings before Saving as Template.

I notice if you right over the strategy a bar pops up with "Auto close position", "OCO order"... etc do I need to select any of those?

Could it be I need to lease/ purchase the program for the OCO functionality? ATM Strategies are not offered on free platform tier?

​​​​​​​Thanks for the help.

Hello Auchlow,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your inquiry and providing these details.

When you submit your entry order, what type of order are you entering? If you submit your entry at market price, does this allow the stop and profit targets to submit?

By default, the stop and profit target orders will not be submitted until the entry order has been filled. So if you have submitted a limit order as the entry order, the stop loss and profit targets would not be submitted until the market reaches the selected price and the entry is filled.

Here is a quick video demonstration I made showing how this function works while connected to the simulated data feed. The values I use in the ATM strategy are just an example of how this would function:Furthermore, the options you mention that appear when you right-click on the section where you select the strategy, these options are referring to different settings such as times for automatically closing the position, one cancels other orders, you should not need to activate these for what you are trying to accomplish.

I have provided the publicly available link to our help guide section that goes over ATM strategies in further detail:Please let us know if we can be of further assistance or if you have any other NinjaTrader inquiries.

Comment

Ah, I see. I had not gotten any fills because of where I'd placed the orders. I was just trying to set the orders to see what it would look like, rather enter a trade just yet. Thanks for the quick response. Cheers!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
      Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post chbruno