Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The multi-broker chart window has frozen when I switch instruments

Hi,
    The multi-broker chart window has frozen when I switch instruments. The message in the logs is an "Unexpected or unsupported instrument. Full instrument name: WIN 04-21"
    Follow the context
    Given that I have the multi-broker license and two valid accounts one in BMF (WIN and WDO) and another in CME (MES)
    And I don't have a preferred connection for real-time futures market data because I have two market data for futures
    And I have edited the instrument WIN and remove the code from the CME connection
    When I switch from MES to WIN
    Them I expect the chart updated with the market data from my BMF account
    But the current behavior is the chart frozen and the above message is displayed in the logs
    When I disconnect from my CME account them the chart begins to be updated, but the bars are strange and I have to reload the data (Ctrl + Shift + R)

I would like to know if it's a bug or if is there anything that I can do without keeping disconnecting from accounts to refresh data. There is a similar issue with the market analyzer because with the two accounts connected I can not see the updates from both markets

Thanks!

Hello Paulo Trecenti,

Unfortunately this is as expected behavior. When connected to 2 connections, NinjaTrader will receive realtime data from the 1st connected connection. Only if the 1st connected connection does not support an instrument type (futures, equities, forex, etc), NinjaTrader will receive realtime data from the 2nd connection. So if both connections support futures instruments, you will receive realtime futures data only from the first connected connection and not from the 2nd connection. Please see the link below for more information.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

Thanks for this clarification. How I can request a new feature to use the instrument symbol map to define the connection per instrument or have more options to configure some fallback connection?

Thanks!

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-1074. We added your vote. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
          14 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post aligator  
          Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
          6 responses
          0 likes