API error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

API error

I have a strategy that makes web service calls to azure. The following error occurred in my log : Not sure if this related to the web service calls or a Ninjatrader internal error ? Its Category is 'Connection'
    Pacing violation: more than 10 API calls of type 'Heartbeat' in 150 seconds.

Hello mballagan,

Thank you for your post.

Please send us your log and trace files to scriptingsupport[AT]ninjatrader.com so we may investigate this further. In the subject of your email include ATTN: Brandon H and in the body of the email include a link to this forum post.

Follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response.
    • Open your NinjaTrader folder under, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents")
    • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
    I look forward to assisting further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I just received this same error. But I did a db reset trying to get things working again. Is there a way to know how much is too much when using Market Analyzer, strategies, sim accounts, and charts with indicators all which seem to be pulling data. ??

Pacing violation: more than 10 API calls of type 'Heartbeat' in 150 seconds

Comment

Hello pschartow,

Thank you very much for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

This limitation greatly depends on the datafeed provider or brokerage you are connected to, as each provider has different limitations.

If this occurred while connected to a third-party provider, please reach out to them directly for further information.

If this occurred on a NinjaTrader account, please send us the log & trace files, and we can best assess what might have triggered this.

You can do this by going to the Control Center -> Help -> Email Support

Please select "Platform Technical Support" as the recipient and enter a brief note in the message referring to this post.

Thank you in advance, I look forward to your reply!​
        Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you, Manfred. I am using APEX and the data provide would be Rithmic and Tradovate. So I will reach out to them. I assume when you say NinjaTrader account, you are referring to people who have the lifetime license (not through APEX).

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by rdtdale, Today, 01:02 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post rdtdale
          by rdtdale

Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
          3 responses
          0 likes