User-Created Drawing Objects Deleted after Use of Playback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

User-Created Drawing Objects Deleted after Use of Playback

For NT Support - NT8 bug report, confirmed on two instances of the platform on different computer hardware:
    version 8.0.23.2 64-bit and prior version

When returning to the live NT Broker (Phillips) data connection after using Playback (Market Replay data), all user-created Drawing Objects have been deleted from all charts.

If I were to save the workspace after this, I will have lost all annotations from prior days.

Steps to reproduce this error:
    1. While connected to live broker data, open a chart that has user-created (manual) drawing objects like text, arrows, etc. I am using an ES or MES tick chart.
    2. Switch to Playback data connection, using Market Replay data for the chart selected in #1 above.
    3. Run Playback for any length of time.
    4. Return to the live broker data connection.
    5. The user-created drawing objects will have disappeared from the chart.
    Please let me know how this works for you.

Thank you.

Hello D Trader,

Thank you for your post.

What you are describing is expected behavior with drawing objects when using Playback Connection. For this reason, among others, we recommend creating a copy of your workspace that is specifically to be used with Playback, and closing your original workspace while working with the Playback Connection.

Please let us know if we may assist you any further.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Zachary for your quick reply.

I would not have expected that behavior. I think I found the reference text you mentioned in your reply...

"It is recommended to close and save your live workspaces then use dedicated workspaces for Playback before connecting to Playback to ensure items, such as drawing objects, are not affected in your live workspaces." (Link)

Perhaps it's all in the wording, but "affected" does not begin to suggest "100% wiped out!"

Can we please transition this post into a feature request? It would be helpful for the Trader to be able to add their own drawing objects to the same chart in Live -or- Playback modes. What is added in one mode should be interchangeable with the other mode.

There is little purpose to making notes during Playback only to have them disappear in Live. Or in losing weeks of Live annotations after a single use of Playback. One experience should build on the other.

Thank you for your consideration.

Comment

Hello D Trader,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.
        Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post loosek
        by loosek

Started by iceman2018, Today, 05:07 PM