X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About memory cache and orders sent to market

Hello.
    Two questions:
    1) I have seen NinjaTrader working slowly.
    Is it because there is a lot of memory in Cache folder or anywhere else?
    Can I delete the cache memory without any problem to improve the speed working with NinjaTrader?

2) When I open a position in the market , with ATM I automatically create Limit and Stop orders to exit my trade.
    That Limit and Stop orders are really sent in the market when I open my position, or remain in my personal computer waiting to be sent to the market when the price touch any of that orders?

I want to know it because if I have a problem with internet , and the price touch the level of my stop order, it can´t be executed because I don´t have internet to send that order, and I can have a bigger loss if price go against my position beyond my stop level...

Hello Parmenides48,

1. You can experience slow and unresponsive behavior in NinjaTrader if you have many charts, indicators and other windows opened depending on market volatility as well.

The 'Calculate' setting for indicators and strategies can be important. If set to 'On each tick', the indicator/strategy will be calculated on each incoming tick. During high volatility this can be very CPU intensive especially if the indicator/strategy makes complicated calculations. If you set it to 'On bar close', the indicator/strategy will only be calculated at the end of each price bar.

Could it be you have workspaces opened in the background? Please go to Control Center-->Workspaces. If you see a green icon in front of the workspace, it indicates the workspace is opened and displayed on your monitor. If you see a grey icon, the workspace is opened in the background. Meaning you don't see its windows, but it will use CPU and RAM. You can only have 1 workspace display on your monitor at a time. Please close the workspaces running in the background and check if performance improves.

More tips and suggestions to improve the performance of NinjaTrader can be found at the link below.

I don't suggest to delete the Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->db-->cache folder as this folder is used to quickly load data in charts. If you delete it, it will take longer for charts to load.

2. Once live orders receive an 'Accepted' or 'Working' status, they reside at the exchange or at the broker servers. If NinjaTrader is shut down or disconnected, orders still execute as per market dynamics. You can view the order status in the Control Center-->Orders-tab, State column. More information can be found at the link below.

Since you refer to ATM orders, OCO functionality is important. If OCO functionality is not supported on the broker servers but on your local PC, then NinjaTrader needs to be running and connected to send the cancellation request of the remaining OCO order when one of the OCO orders executes.

JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your answer.
      My broker is Ninjatrader Brokerage.
      Then, my ATM orders are in the broker servers or in my local PC?

Comment

ATM orders always reside at the broker/exchange once they have an Accepted or Working status.

Please note that I refer to OCO functionality with the information below. OCO stands for "one cancels other". So when an ATM order is filled, it will cancel the remaining ATM order.

OCO functionality depends on what broker technology you use with the NinjaTrader brokerage. If you use "NinjaTrader Continuum", then OCO functionality resides at the broker. If NinjaTrader is not running or disconnected, it still cancels the remaining ATM order. Please see the disclaimer at the link below for more information.
        http://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGui...nnection-Guide

Please keep 'Local OCO simulation' disabled in the NinjaTrader Continuum connection settings. If this setting is enabled, then OCO functionality resides on your local PC.

If you use "Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage", then OCO functionality resides on your local PC. So NinjaTrader needs to be running and connected when one ATM order fills to cancel the remaining ATM order. If NinjaTrader is not running or disconnected, the remaining ATM order will not be cancelled.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks a lot for your answers. I'll study all this important information.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by rbeckmann05, Yesterday, 06:48 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post bltdavid  
          Started by llanqui, Today, 03:53 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post llanqui