Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Trader keeps closing ATM Strategy and Superdom question

Hello,
    I select an ATM strategy on the Chart Trader and enter an order from the chart. When my position is closed, the chart trader reverts to None for ATM strategy, and on a couple of occassions I have entered an order thinking I have an ATM strategy in place when there is none. It may only be happening when I close from the Superdom window (not sure if that is the case, as I haven't tested other situations yet). Is there a way to stop this happening?

Also, what is meant by not being able to enter orders on the Superdom if you only have Level 1 data? I currently only have level 1, and as far as I can see, orders can still be entered on the Superdom. The only thing that I can see different to Level 2 data is that the volume of orders on either side of the ladder for 10 sets of prices is not shown.

Thank you.

Hello GeorgeW,

Thank you for your inquiry.

The ATM Strategy dropdown in both the SuperDOM and Chart Trader will behave differently depending on your ATM Strategy Selection properties. This setting can be found by right-clicking the SuperDOM or Chart Trader and selecting Properties.

There are three available ATM Strategy Selection Modes:
    • Select Active ATM Strategy on Order Submission
    • Keep Selected ATM Strategy Template on Order Submission
    • Display Selected ATM Strategy Only
    Select Active ATM strategy is the default setting. It will make it so that when an ATM strategy is activated, the ATM Strategy dropdown is selected on the active ATM strategy, indicated by the thunderbolt next to the strategy name in the dropdown.

When the strategy is closed, the ATM Strategy selection field will remove the active ATM strategy, and revert back to the template that was selected before. Different windows, such as the SuperDOM and Chart Trader will revert separately to what those specific windows were selected to prior as far as ATM Strategy. Also, different windows set their properties independently, so you may have a different ATM Strategy Selection property selected per window as opposed to a global setting.

You may be interested in the other ATM Strategy types, which will keep templates selected in the ATM Strategy dropdown after a strategy is activated. Please keep in mind that these selection modes are advanced features, and should be investigated and tested before use. For more information on ATM Strategy Selection properties, please visit the following help guide link: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ction_mode.htm

You should be able to place orders in the SuperDOM as long as you have data and an account selected.

Please send me your log and trace files directly from the platform rather than posting them here, since they may contain personally identifiable information, so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: TICKET# ATTN Conner S. and include a link to this post in the body of the email.

Kind regards.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post algospoke  
    Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes