Collapse

CQGTrader question . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, my broker is EF Hutton, and EF Hutton says.....

Comment

I only meant to say that if your broker is not CQG-based, you can ignore this error.
      Last edited by bltdavid; 06-06-2023, 02:01 PM.

Comment

I know. And me being a smart ass isn't helpful.

Comment

It would be quite HELPFUL if someone at NT could respond to my question. I would hate to open a NEW thread, but will
          if I do not get a reasonable answer.

What I have established is the a New Windows install with only NT 8 installed shows that directory is missing, so it is not a
          part of the installation. My Question is still, Is this file path needed at all?

Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\UserAccount\AppData\Local\CQG\CQGTrader\ NetsConfiguration.ini'.

If that Path/File is needed where can I find it?
          What are the settings for the file?

Comment

This file should be located in C:\Users\<myusername>\AppData\Local\CQG\CQGTrader.

Do you currently see the folder "AppData" listed in your directory? If you do not at the top of your File Explorer window->Click View->Put a check next to "Hidden items" and verify if you then see this folder listed. If the folder is then listed right click on the folder->Properties->Uncheck Hidden then click Ok.

Once finished close NinjaTrader then go to the Windows Control Panel->Uninstall a Program->Select NinjaTrader->Click Repair then once complete open NinjaTrader.

If the error persists, please send an email to platformsupport [AT] ninjatrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Chris Jameson" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
            1.) A link to this forum thread.
            2.) A copy of your log and trace files.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your email.
            • Open your NinjaTrader folder under, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents")
            • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
            • Send the 2 compressed folders as an attachment in your email
            • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ; 06-05-2023, 03:45 PM.
            Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I fail to see the logic of the above steps. As I said, with a New installation of Windows 10 with nothing else installed on it.
              Then a fresh installation of NT 8 (most current version) the directory C:\Users\<myusername>\AppData\Local\CQG does not
              exist.

Are you saying the when you do the steps above you have the directory above that I am missing?

Apparently it is related to my broker.

I see further in the logs past the error about the missing directoy:

INFO [2023-06-06 19:31:36,275] - Getting trader login information for user <account>, running 7.0.707 on private label NinjaTrader at web service url https://www.cqgtrader.com/

Then past that I see a message that I am using an outdated version:
              INFO [2023-06-06 19:31:36,564] - Received results from web service:
              ​Update:Required|7.3.103|https://www.cqgtrader.com/<path>/<path2>/<path3>/7.03.103|Version 7.3.103 provides increased performance and reliability

​So, IF NT 8 is making calls to this, it is bundled with outdated software.

Even in 2021 the software was outdated:
              INFO [2021-02-11 19:34:41,370] - Received results from web service:

​Update:Required|7.1.301|https://www.cqgtrader.com/<path>/<path2>/<path3>/7.01.301|Version 7.1.301 provides increased performance and reliability

Last edited by ATMtrader0001; 06-06-2023, 01:45 PM.

Comment

So I can Development look into this please send an email to platformsupport [AT] ninjatrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Chris Jameson" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
                1.) A link to this forum thread.
                2.) A copy of your log and trace files.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your email.
                • Open your NinjaTrader folder under, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents")
                • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                • Send the 2 compressed folders as an attachment in your email
                • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Comment

Is there any update on this? I have not heard anything from NT since I provided the logs.

Comment

Unfortunately, I have not received an update however I will update this thread once I have received any additional information.

Comment

It's been months and no comment or update?

Why does it take so long to get a response?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Taddypole, 04-26-2024, 02:47 PM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Eduardo  
                      Started by futtrader, 04-21-2024, 01:50 AM
                      6 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post futtrader