Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purging older trade data from database

Hi,

I noticed when I place orders, particularly the first time, NT is starting to lag a few seconds. I think this may be related to the trade database (just over 200mb now), which, especially if you scalp 50-100 times a day, grows. I do not want to delete it. That's a bit aggressive. I need the trade history. I would, however, like to remove, say, last years data. Is there a procedure to do that? (other than me opening the database and running my own query against it). I think, for performance reasons, there should be a feature for this, if there is not one.

Thanks.

Hello pjsmith,

Unfortunately there is no procedure to remove trade history data partially. When you reset the database at Control Center-->Tools-->Database Management, it will remove all trade history.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

You could rename the database file while NinjaTrader is shut down. It will then create a new database automatically when you start NinjaTrader. If you need to access trade history from the old database, you would rename it back to "NinjaTrader" and rename the new database different than "NinjaTrader" (while NinjaTrader is shut down). The .sdf file named "NinjaTrader" in the Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->db folder is the database that NinjaTrader will use.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello pjsmith,

My apologies, my previous post is incorrect. You can remove individual executions in NinjaTrader 8.

Please set Display to Executions in the Trade Performance window. Right click an execution and select 'Remove Execution'.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by hazylizard, Today, 08:38 AM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post hazylizard  
      Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
      2 responses
      0 likes