Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Is it normal for a chart with 30 days of data to take 1.5 minutes+ to load?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it normal for a chart with 30 days of data to take 1.5 minutes+ to load?

Hello,

I run NinjaTrader with IB TWS. I am finding that almost always, a chart with 30 days of data set on a 60m interval takes over 1.5 minutes to load...

Is this normal or is there something FOOBAR on my system? I am surprised by this being that I have a fiber connection and a pretty decent rig but I've timed several tickers (over the weekend nonetheless) and they all take at least at a minimum 1-2 min. How can this be improved?

Click image for larger version  Name:	slo1.PNG Views:	0 Size:	17.4 KB ID:	1139051
    Click image for larger version  Name:	slo3.PNG Views:	0 Size:	21.1 KB ID:	1139053
    Click image for larger version  Name:	slo2.PNG Views:	0 Size:	24.1 KB ID:	1139052

Some additional details:
    I've tried this while the rest of the computer was idle (not streaming YT or anything like that).

I have also removed ALL indicators and strategies to the chart and it still does not appear to have any significant improvement.
    Last edited by focus333; 01-30-2021, 07:46 PM.

Hello focus333,

It can take some time to load data in charts depending on the amount of historical data that is loaded from the broker/data feed connection and indicators/strategies that need to be calculated. Please see the link below for information on how NinjaTrader loads historical data.

I assume you experience this loading time for instruments that did not load before in NinjaTrader. If you switch the chart back to an instrument for which you already loaded historical data in NinjaTrader, do you experience a quicker loading time?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Christopher_R  
    Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
    166 responses
    0 likes