Error to open NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error to open NT8

Hello, today I downloaded NinjaTrader8 and when I started it it showed an error message that is in the printscreen. Can someone help me?

Hello FelipeRXP,

This error generally occurs if NinjaTrader does not have the authorization to access its own files.

To resolve this, please ensure NinjaTrader is white-listed in any anti-virus or security application you have installed.

If you are using Windows 10, please also ensure NinjaTrader is not blocked by the "Controlled Folder Access", which may limit access to your Documents folder. More information in this regard may be found on Microsoft's publicly available website:

Should you still not be able to install/start the platform, please let me know!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It worked, thank you very much!

Comment

Hello,

It happens the same, i tried following the instructions but it doesn't work. Could you help me please?

Comment

Hello GuillermoRM,

If you weren't able to find what's blocking NinjaTrader and the Controlled Folder Access settings didn't solve this error message, please send us your log & trace files.

Within these files, the platform records all error messages, which usually help our staff track down what is causing this error quickly.

To send us these files, please click on Help > Email Support. If you could add the following note we're more easily able to associate your files with this post:

ATTN Manfred 2934374

Thank you in advance!

Comment

Hi I am experiencing this exact issue but in my case the log file that Ninjatrader is looking for got deleted by accident during a virus scan.

Is there a backup of this somewhere in my system or how do I get around it?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Manfred View Post
            Hello GuillermoRM,

If you weren't able to find what's blocking NinjaTrader and the Controlled Folder Access settings didn't solve this error message, please send us your log & trace files.

Within these files, the platform records all error messages, which usually help our staff track down what is causing this error quickly.

To send us these files, please click on Help > Email Support. If you could add the following note we're more easily able to associate your files with this post:

ATTN Manfred 2934374

Thank you in advance!

Comment

Hello linterstellar ,

Thank you very much for your message!

In most cases, downloading the most recent version and "repairing" the installation should resolve this.

I'd suggest downloading it from our website below. Should repairing it not resolve this, please drop us a brief email at platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com, with "ATTN Manfred 2934374" in the email, our support team could then assist you further!

Download: https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
              Default Sim-Key: @SIM-A82F-D583-40B1-AE74-B79F-705D-1952

Comment

Been there tried that! I even copied and pasted log files from another computer.

The only thing that is working is if I create another user profile, but i don't want to do that! what can I share with you to troubleshoot?

Hello linterstellar ,

Thank you very much for your message!

In most cases, downloading the most recent version and "repairing" the installation should resolve this.

I'd suggest downloading it from our website below. Should repairing it not resolve this, please drop us a brief email at platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com, with "ATTN Manfred 2934374" in the email, our support team could then assist you further!

Download: https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
                Default Sim-Key: @SIM-A82F-D583-40B1-AE74-B79F-705D-1952

Comment

Hello linterstellar

If you could send us your log & trace files, we should be able to track down how to replace the missing file.

The easiest way to do that is to click on Help > Email Support, then enter "ATTN Manfred 2934374" in the comment field.

I look forward to your email!

Comment

Which trace file do I send?

also my ninjatrader won't start. I don't think i'll be able to go into help and find that email link

Hello linterstellar

If you could send us your log & trace files, we should be able to track down how to replace the missing file.

The easiest way to do that is to click on Help > Email Support, then enter "ATTN Manfred 2934374" in the comment field.

Comment

If NinjaTrader does not start at all, please follow the steps below to manually send us these files:
                      • Open Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents") > 'NinjaTrader 8' folder
                      • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                      • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com
                      • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Comment

Sent. please help

If NinjaTrader does not start at all, please follow the steps below to manually send us these files:
                        • Open Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents") > 'NinjaTrader 8' folder
                        • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                        • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com
                        • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
                        5 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                        Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
                        2 responses
                        0 likes