Chart Y-Axis values and Horizontal Gridlines mismatch question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Chris and thanks.

"I get 25 tick intervals in the blank workspace with the following settings:"
    I see that the Data Series is different to the one I sent as an example of the problem - the Data Series in yours has different Bar width, and is a 10s series whereas I sent 1m. I don't know if this is because despite using 'my' workspace file you don't get the same (I haven't done this) - but I can't see it being helpful to be introducing differences between what I am finding the problem with and something else you are working with....?

"Are you getting the same issue when you use Points rather than Ticks?"
    On ES, I have changed Gridlines to 10 Points. Doing so means that the Gridlines match the y-axis 10 point Interval (but of course that is not what I want nor would expect it to behave)

See attached - these are the exact same NQ Windows/charts that I sent earlier today (see above post) showing the same problem on NQ as being experienced on ES. Now, it is no longer so i.e. y-axis interval did not match 100 tick gridlines earlier today, now they do. I have made no changes.

I have yet to clear the cache, which I will do after Close.

If I were to hazard a guess, I would posit that it sis something to do with the relationship between how the y-axis intervals are determined and calculated to be displayed, and whether or not this is is connected to Gridlines (if selected). The thing that will have changed between earlier when the axis did not match the gridline intervals and later when it now does, is the price range of the chart i.e. automatic scaling

Kind regards
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello Bruce, thanks for your reply.

I do get the same thing when the chart x axis is compressed to show a large time frame. This is done to display meaningful price levels, because if the 25 tick interval were to display at this scale it would be difficult to read. If you zoom in on the price axis you will see the 25 tick intervals.

Please let me know if this does not resolve your inquiry.
      Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Chris and thanks.
        So 17 posts for me to reverse out how the software works/what is causing the issue I'm experiencing i.e. how y-axis is calculated with automatic scaling.
        "if the 25 tick interval were to display at this scale it would be difficult to read" - this is a half-explanation to what would be desirable and expected. IF gridlines are selected, it should do as it does but as a multiple of the gridline setting so the axis matches i.e. if 25 is too small, 50, (2x gridline) not 40 (10 points)

Kind regards,

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by iceman2018, Today, 05:07 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post iceman2018  
        Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes