New installation of NT8 - nothing works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New installation of NT8 - nothing works

Hi, today reinstalled NT8 on my VPS. Before that I made copies of the strategies, indicators and the backup files. After reinstalling, I have the following issues:

1. I can not import any backup file. I get an error message (just little window with error on it). I also tried to convert the .CS file into a .ZIP file, then I get the error that the script was created with an older version of NT, which is not true.
    2. I can not import any strategies (which are .CS files). If I copy the file into the strategy folder and try to compile it in the editor, it says "file not found".

I use the exact same version of NT8 like before (8.0.23.1). Can you please help? Thanks.

Hello superkolleech,

My first suggestion would be to use the current NinjaTrader 8 version (8.0.23.2), you may download this version at the following address:

Should this still fail importing the backup, one option would be to manually unpack and import it. To do this, please follow the steps below:
    • Rename the backup to change its extension from .nt8bk to .zip, e.g. from 2020-12-22.nt8bk to 2020-12-22.zip
    • Unpack the zip-file into a temporary folder
    • Copy and paste its contents into the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 folder
    Please note; this will be identical to restoring the backup, which means any existing data might be overwritten.

Should you still experience any issues following the steps above, please let me know!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Manfred,
      thank you for your reply. I did what you said, but there are no strategies and no accounts. Is there a way to restore them too?
      And I still have the problem, when trying to compile a strategy which I copied into the folder, NT says it can't find the file.

Comment

Hello superkolleech,

The accounts would only be listed once you're connected to your brokerage and if your platform is enabled for live trading.

If you have not yet entered your license key, this could be the reason you don't yet see your live account. To enter this, please click on Help > License Key.

Should this still not work, please let us know at platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com, we could then schedule a remote session to assist you with restoring these strategies.

Thank you in advance!
        Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 01:16 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post cre8able  
        Started by ChartTourist, Today, 08:22 AM
        0 responses