Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drawing objects in indicator pane with overlay indicator

Hi,
    I have a line indicator in a seperate panel. In that same panel, I have another line indicator, as an overlay. This works fine. If I attempt to draw something on that pane, that works or at least appears to at the start, but as the data moves the lines, it becomes apparent the drawing object is attached to the wrong scale, i.e. it appears to be on the overlay scale, not the primary one. I've tried various plot orders., etc., but can't seem to find how to resolve this. I would have thought, as default, any drawing object would be scaled to the primary (right) scale rather than an overlay one, but it would appear I am stuck with the opposite.

I did ask a long time ago how to attach a drawing object to the left or right scale. I can't recall the exact answer, but I cannot see how I might do that via any settings. Perhaps someone could tell me. Also, what is the default scale a drawing object will use when applied to a chart/panel?

I'm not quite sure that I understand the issue you're describing. Can you provide me with exact steps on how to create a chart with indicators and drawing objects in order to reproduce what you're describing?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      I'm not quite sure that I understand the issue you're describing. Can you provide me with exact steps on how to create a chart with indicators and drawing objects in order to reproduce what you're describing?
      Hi -Sure.

Try this - Add OF cumulative delta plot to chart as a panel. 2, add volume line chart to the same panel, but on the overlay scale. 3, draw a line, a fib etc between a couple points on cumdelta. Watch... For me, it'll quickly get out of sync as it appears the line is being drawn on an alternative scale perhaps. Let me know if you need a video etc.

Comment

I don't detect a drawing object being "out of sync" when following your steps. Here is a video of the test I performed:Is the test I ran valid? If not, can you more precisely define the steps I should be taking?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
          I don't detect a drawing object being "out of sync" when following your steps. Here is a video of the test I performed:Is the test I ran valid? If not, can you more precisely define the steps I should be taking?
          Here you go. You can speed things up a bit by wiggling the right scale, per attached. See the fib is not connected to the coloured plot which is the right scale. The lines is an overlay scale (not left). Those are the only 2 indies. It's a standard fib retracement I drew. Does that help? Any suggestions?

Comment

What is your 'snap mode' set to when drawing the Fibonacci tool? To check, click on the drawing tool icon then hover over Snap Mode.

Comment

Snap mode is set to 'price'

Comment

Hello pjsmith,

We have been trying to recreate this and have not yet been successful on our end.

It seems whenever we add drawing objects they will automatically attach to the right scale, regardless of other indicators.

To test whether this is specific to your workspace or might somehow be affected by it I'd like to ask you to forward your workspace(s) and templates to us.

To do this, please click on Help > Email Support. Please ensure you expand "Other files" and check the "Workspace files and UI settings" option.

Last but not least, please add the following note to your email. That way we can quickly associate it with your post:

ATTN Manfred 2873240

Thank you in advance!
                Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
                14 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post aligator  
                Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM