Ninjatrader 8 Kinetick & Interactive Brokers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjatrader 8 Kinetick & Interactive Brokers

Does Kinetic require the use of TWS or IB Gateway to place orders on IB? I prefer to use market data for futures and equities from Kinetick and just place / manage orders on IB? I tried to look through the documentation but it isn't very clear. I see this https://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGu...nnection-Guide but that doesn't appear to be the instructions for the Kinetick setup. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Hello bc24fl,

Thanks for posting.

If you prefer to use Kinetick to view charts in NinjaTrader and place orders in TWS, this is no problem. You may simply forego establishing a connection to Interactive Brokers in NinjaTrader to accomplish this.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Tyler M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Tyler View Post
      Hello bc24fl,

Thanks for posting.

If you prefer to use Kinetick to view charts in NinjaTrader and place orders in TWS, this is no problem. You may simply forego establishing a connection to Interactive Brokers in NinjaTrader to accomplish this.

I'm sorry I wasn't clear. TWS and Gateway is a nightmare to use with automated strategies. So I prefer to eliminate that altogether and just connect direct like with continuuom. Is this an option with Kinetick or Rithmic on Interactive Brokers?

Comment

Once you're connected to your Interactive Brokers account you may run automated strategies in NinjaTrader with that account selected, but either TWS or Gateway needs to be running in order for the connection to work. If you then wish to use a secondary data feed such as Kinetick or Rithmic, this is also not a problem, but a second connection would need to be established in order to use this data, and this would need to be set as your preferred connection so that NinjaTrader does not try to pull the data from your Interactive Brokers connection. Below is a link with more information:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...marketdata.htm

Comment

Ok thanks. I was afraid of that. It's not really an automated solution when TWS and/or Gateway require you to disconnect and reconnect every weekend and then put in a multifactor authentication code to begin using it.

Comment

I have been having problems with the auto-restart on Gateway showing a broken connection. I have kinetick as the preferred connection for data, but there is something going wrong here.

Comment

Hello elliot5,

Thanks for posting.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2855183 ATTN Tyler

I look forward to being of assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post funk10101  
              Started by gravdigaz6, Yesterday, 11:40 PM
              1 response