Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How can I set NT up almost like Tradingview?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I set NT up almost like Tradingview?

I am considering switching platforms because TV's support is disappointing and half of their futures charts are broken and blank. I tried using NT before but I quickly uninstalled it because of a few quirks I didn't like about it. For instance, on TV you can customize just about all colors using a RGB palette. On NT, you have to pick from a list of pre selected colors and it looked like I was selecting hair colors on a bethesda game.

Also, is there anyway I can use mousewheel to zoom instead of moving the chart left/right? You can already move the chart on its x axis by dragging the mouse. Using the scroll wheel to do the exact same thing is not only redundant, but also is very clunky and unoptimal. For example, dragging the mouse offers a wide range of motion which is excellent for moving the chart back and forth, however the mousewheel is a precise instrument, and moving the chart with such a precise and delicate tool just doesn't make any sense. Its like trying to use a scalpel to cut bone. Mousewheel needs to zoom in an out, and dragging the mouse needs to move the chart left and right.
    Last edited by XM010-3841; 11-06-2020, 06:52 PM.

Hello XM010-3841,

Thank you for your post.

I am considering switching platforms because TV's support is disappointing and half of their futures charts are broken and blank. I tried using NT before but I quickly uninstalled it because of a few quirks I didn't like about it. For instance, on TV you can customize just about all colors using a RGB palette. On NT, you have to pick from a list of pre selected colors and it looked like I was selecting hair colors on a bethesda game.
    To adjust the colors of a platform skin, you will need to create a custom skin. Here is the Creating your own Skin Help Guide to assist you further. https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...r_own_skin.htm

Also, is there anyway I can use mouse wheel to zoom instead of moving the chart left/right? You can already move the chart on its x axis by dragging the mouse. Using the scroll wheel to do the exact same thing is not only redundant, but also is very clunky and unoptimal. For example, dragging the mouse offers a wide range of motion which is excellent for moving the chart back and forth, however the mousewheel is a precise instrument, and moving the chart with such a precise and delicate tool just doesn't make any sense. Its like trying to use a scalpel to cut bone. Mousewheel needs to zoom in an out, and dragging the mouse needs to move the chart left and right.
    Unfortunately, there is not an option to use the mousewheel to zoom in or out of a chart in NinjaTrader. However, you can use the 'Ctrl + Up Arrow Key' or 'Ctrl + Down Arrow Key' to zoom in and out of a chart.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ShawnB View Post
      Hello XM010-3841,

Thank you for your post.

To adjust the colors of a platform skin, you will need to create a custom skin. Here is the Creating your own Skin Help Guide to assist you further. https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...r_own_skin.htm

Unfortunately, there is not an option to use the mousewheel to zoom in or out of a chart in NinjaTrader. However, you can use the 'Ctrl + Up Arrow Key' or 'Ctrl + Down Arrow Key' to zoom in and out of a chart.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
      That should be an option. Its a common feature to zoom using the mousewheel in almost all 3d modeling, CAD, photo editing, etc. software. Using a hotkey to do a basic function such as zoom is like changing the acceleration and brake pedals of your car to buttons on the dash. Its nonsense and must be changed if you want to open your audience to larger markets. Trading view is the gold standard for viewing and editing charts, so I don't know why both NT and MT4 have these non-standard, clunky controls.

Comment

I totally agree for mousewheel ;-)

Comment

I have submitted the inquiry to use the mousewheel to zoom as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

I also strongly agree. Thinkorswim's mouse zooming capabilities, for another example, are also vastly superior to the crude chart zooming methods available in NT.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your patience.

Your votes have been added. The internal tracking number for this feature request is SFT-865. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.

Comment

There is a new AddOn in the EcoSystem that addresses this: BetterChartScale

Comment

Try this, his licensing system is good no need to worry about machine ID change as far as I know. Not unlike all the other crap you have to deal with where they charge you a fee to reinstall a license. Smart Zoom Indicator for NinjaTrader 8 - ninZa.co

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Pattontje, Yesterday, 02:10 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Pattontje  
                  Started by flybuzz, 04-21-2024, 04:07 PM
                  17 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post TradingLoss