Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

always show the actual price at right chart y-axis

Hi all,

when I scroll to the left (historic) side of a chart the actual price on the right chart y axis is not shown. Eventually existing take-profit and/or stop-loss limit orders are displayed always on the right chart y axis. I'd like to behave the "actual price" also like this and thus be shown always on the right chart y-axis. Even when I'm currently browsing the history on the left.

How can I do that?

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

By design, the price scale will conform to the candles currently being viewed.

Unfortunately, this type of functionality you are looking for is not available by default and would need to be custom coded.

NinjaTrader is extensible in that you can create custom indicators using NinjaScript which is based on the modern C# programming language.

Click here for information on programming in NinjaScript

If you have limited time or programming capabilities, NinjaTrader Ecosystem is partnered with a number of consultants who could code this indicator at your direction. If you would like more information regarding consultants please let me know.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

that's another point I don't understand. Every other trading platform is doing this by default and this is what a trader expects. The actual price is one of the most important values in trading.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

You can use the built in Price line indicator to place the current price on the chart as a line as a source of viewing the current price when looking at historical data.

Comment

honestly said, that's weak for an over thousand dollar platform

Comment

patricia70 - just as a 'heads up' FYI I've been using PriceLine since its release in 8 and have observed it freeze multiple times. You can set an SMA to a Period of 1, I had no problem using that before PriceLine was released.

Comment

Neither a NT8 indicator "Price line" nor "SMA with period=1" will solve that. Here's another try to explain the issue with a screenshot of instrument 6E

Click image for larger version  Name:	6E_example.png Views:	0 Size:	21.2 KB ID:	1126641

As long as the "actual" bar is shown on the chart view, the y axis shows the actual price in a black rectangular box (in this example dark theme hence the black color).
              At the time the "actual" bar is not shown on the visible chart window (eg when I hit several times the cursor-left key, or mouse-drag chart to view historic bars) this black rectangular box on the y axis disappears. As a result the black rectangular box transform into a gray rectangular box indicating the close price of the last bar that is shown on the chart window.

What I'm trying to achieve is --> the black rectangular box (here at current price = 1,18845) should *always* be shown on the y axis, independent of which time I'm currently looking at. Whenever I scroll 300 bars ago, I wanna always have the current price shown by this rectangular box on the y axis.

You see in the screenshot example above that it works with indicators, the actual value is always showing on the y axis. That's how it should be. No rocket science, simple stuff that every trading software has by default on board.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your replies.

This would not be a part of the NinjaTrader platform by default, unfortunately. You may wish to custom code this functionality if you so desire.

NinjaTrader is extensible in that you can create custom indicators using NinjaScript which is based on the modern C# programming language.

Click here for information on programming in NinjaScript

If you have limited time or programming capabilities, NinjaTrader Ecosystem is partnered with a number of consultants who could code this indicator at your direction. If you would like more information regarding consultants please let me know.

Comment

*thumb-down*

Comment

It appears this would be a nice feature request. Always show the rightmost historic bar close price in a gray box and also show the current bars live price.
                    eDanny
                    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Hello eDanny,

I've added a vote on your behalf as well.
                      Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

please add my vote

Comment

Vote added
                          Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
                          5 responses