Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live Trading with Interactive Brokers

Hello,

Over the past couple of months, I have been working on my automated strategies, and I am now at the point where I am comfortable with trading them on my live IBKR account.
    I just have a few questions.

I plan on using IB gateway with Ninjatrader for this.

1) Do I require a NinjaTrader license as a non-professional?
    Up until this point I was able to do all my backtesting on the demo platform, I can even open a connection to IB Gateway on it. Do I need the license to send signals for live orders?

2) How should I setup my connections between IBKR and Kinetick?
    Kinetick offers a superior data feed experience than IBKR Pro's market data subscriptions on NinjaTrader. When I connect to IB Gateway and Kinetick at the same time, how do I make sure that my market data is coming exclusively from Kinetick, and my order handling is done exclusively with IB Gateway?

3) Do I ever have to turn off NinjaTrader?
    I plan on running everything on a cloud server which always be on. Will NinjaTrader work smoothly with 24/7 uptime?

4) Are there any recommended configurations for an NT8/IBKR setup?
    I'm just curious if there are any quality of life improvements that I can take advantage of.

Thanks,
    Anton Abramovych

Hello Anton
    1. To trade live you will need to lease or purchase a live license key. https://ninjatrader.com/BuyPlatform
    2. NinjaTrader 8 gives you the ability to integrate real-time and historical data from multiple data providers on the basis of instrument type. So you have a few different options when connecting to Kinetick and your broker:
      1. You can receive all market data from Kinetick and still execute trades to your broker.
      2. You can receive live data from your broker and historical data from Kinetick.
      3. You can also tailor your connections to receive data for certain instrument types from your broker, and other instrument types from Kinetick

You can find more information about configuring multiple data connections at the following link under the section titled “Determining which data source is being used”:
    3. Restarting your PC and NinjaTrader regularly is recommended, however not required if you plan on trading 24/7
    4. The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Interactive Brokers as well as specific connection configuration information:
    Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Christopher S. Following the link https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...onnections.htm. What if my Broker IBKR is not listed in the option | preferred connections | Forex? There does not seem to be a way to add it. I have a demo IBKR account and it is hooked up to the 'Connections' tab.

Thanks,

Chuck E.

Comment

Hello CHEIII,

Thank you for your reply.

It would be listed as Interactive Brokers in Preferred Connections - select that option and you should be good to go.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
        Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Got it. Thanks.

Chuck E

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherS View Post
            Hello Anton
            1. To trade live you will need to lease or purchase a live license key. https://ninjatrader.com/BuyPlatform
            2. NinjaTrader 8 gives you the ability to integrate real-time and historical data from multiple data providers on the basis of instrument type. So you have a few different options when connecting to Kinetick and your broker:
              1. You can receive all market data from Kinetick and still execute trades to your broker.
              2. You can receive live data from your broker and historical data from Kinetick.
              3. You can also tailor your connections to receive data for certain instrument types from your broker, and other instrument types from Kinetick

You can find more information about configuring multiple data connections at the following link under the section titled “Determining which data source is being used”:
            3. Restarting your PC and NinjaTrader regularly is recommended, however not required if you plan on trading 24/7
            4. The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Interactive Brokers as well as specific connection configuration information:
            I have a lifetime license of ninjatrader with access to link with brokers like TD and IBKR. I wanted to know if i can trade futures and options on future using NT8 if i have my account with IBKR? For some reason i cannot trade futures or options on futures on NT8 using my TD Ameritrade account? Before i open an account with IBKR, just wanted to double confirm.

Comment

Hello percy3687,

Thanks for your note.

Futures and Options on Futures are not supported on NinjaTrader using TD Ameritrade.

Futures and Options on Futures are supported on NinjaTrader using Interactive Brokers.

This could be found on the Data By Provider help guide page linked here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...y_provider.htm
              Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
              Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
              1 response
              0 likes