Errors related to missing files?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Errors related to missing files?

Hello. I think I accidentally moved/ changed some Ninja related directories, and am now unable to get any of my code to compile. Two things are happening:
    1) All of the indicators show an error that must be resolved before compiling "The name 'indicator' does not exist in the current context."
    2) If i try to restore from a previous back-up file, I get an error (something like) "there are errors in custom strategies that need to be corrected"..
    Any ideas what I should do? Should I just reinstall Ninja and then load in my custom strategies/ indicators from backup?
    Thanks much.

Hello stewarco,

Thanks for your post.

I would suggest running a repair operation from a NinjaTrader installer as a first step, as you may be able to restore files that are missing. If files are moved to other locations, you can then use the NinjaScript Editor and the files listed in the error panel. This can help to restore the platform without having to worry about losing anything after the last time you backed up.

If that is proving to be too difficult, I would suggest setting up a clean environment, importing the backup, and then removing the older platform folder or archiving it incase you need to grab something specific.

Setting up a Clean Environment:

Creating a clean environment can be done by following the steps below:
    1. Close NinjaTrader 8, and rename the "NinjaTrader 8" folder in My Documents to something like: "NinjaTrader 8 OLD" Do not delete this folder.
    2. Uninstall NinjaTrader from the Windows Control Panel
    3. Delete the C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 8 folder
    4. Reinstall using the installer from http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
    5. Import your backup file
    If you ever need to switch back to your original platform, you may do so by closing NinjaTrader and swapping the platform folder names.

For example, Close NinjaTrader and rename the new "NinjaTrader 8" folder to "NinjaTrader 8 NEW" and the "NinjaTrader 8 OLD" folder to "NinjaTrader 8." Then restart the platform. Simply put: NinjaTrader 8 will always load the "NinjaTrader 8" folder in My Documents.

We look forward to assisting.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Phew, thanks. The repair option actually did the trick. I appreciate the quick response!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Fitspressorest, Today, 01:38 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Fitspressorest  
      Started by Jonker, Today, 01:19 PM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes