Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Bugged Candles not showing true position?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bugged Candles not showing true position?

Has anyone encountered this before?

I took 2 live trades today and the candles didn't match up with the prices. It doesn't seem like just slippage, it looks like the candles literally aren't showing the correct positions.

1st trade I went long at 3371 (MES) with a 20:20 target:stop. I entered with a market order when the candle was green. It then went red and blew past my stop over 9 points (35+ ticks). I thought maybe somehow I just wasn't getting a fill but that didn't seem likely at the time. It freaked me out so I panic exited the trade. Even though the platform showed me down 35 ticks the trade resolved with me in profit. (See the 3rd screenshot with my trades to see the profit).

I entered a 2nd trade long with the same 20:20 strat. As you can see in the second pic, I hit the full 20 tick target but the candles didn't go anywhere near the price. Again you can see that trade as well on the 3rd screen shot.

I've been in Sim the last month and it worked fine, this was literally my first 2 live trades. I'm aware I might not always get my fill but it doesn't seem correct that the candles aren't drawing properly.

Any input is appreciated.

Hello epitoma,

CRITICAL — If your inquiry involves live orders, please always reach out to your broker's Orders Desk immediately to confirm and manage your live orders and positions.

If your trades are with NinjaTrader Brokerage, you can contact NinjaTrader Brokerage Order Desk here:
    I would like to take a look at your log & trace files, as they might indicate what exactly occurred. As these files may contain some personal information it would be best if you could email them to us.

You may do this by going to the Control Center -> Help -> Email Support

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email:

Attention Manfred: ID: 2742472

Thank you in advance, I look forward to your email!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I just wanted to follow up on what we found in this case, to ensure that anyone searching the forum for it might find the answer right away.

Within the trace & log files, NinjaTrader reported that it was first connecting to Kinetick before it connected to NinjaTrader Continuum, after which it then showed an error reporting delayed data:
      • 2020-09-14 14:00:27:330|1|4|Auto connecting 'My Kinetick'...
      • 2020-09-14 14:00:29:858|1|4|Auto connecting 'My NinjaTrader Continuum'...
      • 2020-09-14 14:00:49:524|1|4|'MES 12-20' market data is delayed since your account does not have a real-time subscription for the exchange this market trades on

As NinjaTrader, by default, uses the first connection it can to request data and only moves on to the next if this connection does not supply data for this instrument, the MES 12-20 was being requested through Kinetick, not the Continuum connection.

As the Kinetick connection also offers this data, albeit delayed, it would then delay the chart.

NinjaTrader 8 includes the feature to hard-select which connection is being used for which instrument type. This setting may be found by following the steps below::
      • Select Tools / Options
      • Switch to the "Market Data" category
      • Set the preferred connection for both, historical and real-time data to your preferred provider (e.g. Futures to NinjaTrader Continuum)
      • Reconnect to all active connections.
      Once NinjaTrader reconnects it would then use connection X for instrument type Y exclusively.
      Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post lightsun47  
      Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
      1 response
      0 likes