Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apply an ATM strategy to a part of the position

Hi NT team!
    When I apply an ATM strategy to my position with right button click (for example, a trail stop), can I activate only a part of the total position for execution? For example, I have long 5 contracts, but I want to activate the strategy only for 2 contracts, and leave the rest alone ..? Is it possible? By default, stop trails all my 5 contracts and cannot be reduced to 2 contracts only for example...

Hello Aporshnev,

Unfortunately this is not supported. When you add an ATM strategy to an existing position in the Control Center-->Positions-tab (by right clicking the position), it will submit ATM orders for the same quantity as the position. Even if you select an ATM strategy template that was saved with a certain order quantity.

You could submit OCO orders manually for the order quantity you like instead. Please see the instructions below.
    • In the ATM Strategy drop down menu, choose "none"
    • Right click in the SuperDOM or Chart Trader and enable OCO by selecting "OCO Order"
    • Set the order quantity as you like and place a limit order where you want to exit at a profit
    • Set the order quantity as you like and place a stop order where you want to exit at a loss
    • Then right click again and select "OCO Order" to disable the OCO order placement.
    Please do not forget to perform the last step of these instructions. If you leave OCO order enabled, it will result in unexpected behavior; all subsequent orders you submit will share the same OCO group.

Let me know if this will not work for you.

JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:55 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Option Whisperer  
    Started by geddyisodin, 04-25-2024, 05:20 AM
    8 responses
    0 likes