Poor performance that has affected a real live account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor performance that has affected a real live account

I use ninja for trading futures, When i start the client i have to close my workspace then connect to the broker, Same thing for rhythmic or mes capital every time.

I then have to open my workspace which if i click some before its completely loaded it will give an error and close. I run a very fast and stable computer as I am an IT manager of a medium sized company and have no competence issues with keeping a computer running right.

Another issue is entering a trade. I can enter a trade and will notice that the candle sticks do not keep up with the actual price. I frequently have to reload all data on the chart just to get it to sync up then after a few minutes it will lag behind again. I have tried rhythmic aggregated data but nothing helps. I can enter a trade for example on a moving average watch it bounce from the moving average and the profit will go negative or remain the same because the candle sticks are so delayed that the trade actually has already played out and i entered 5-10 seconds after it actually did hit the moving average.

I have to run tradingview on another screen to verify that ninja is keeping up with the market and isnt falling behind.
    running 10 days of data since if you run more it gets progressively worse and If i run less the moving averages are in the wrong spots and wont be accurate.

Its 2020 and this software doesn't even utilize windows window management you have to manually resize and move everything.

In the future when ninjatrader 9 or 10 whatever you guys decide to do comes out. Please for the love of god use modern coding. utilize new hardware I cant believe ninjatrader 8 looks and runs like a 2005 program.

windows 10 64bit os
    PC specs are i9 9900k and rtx 2080 super on a samsung nvme 970 pro
    Home internet speed is 600mbps and latency to rhythmic Chicago is 10 ms
    This computer does not have a single issue running this software.

Hello owner232,

Can you please tell me what the error states when you click before the workspace has loaded entirely.

Send me your log and trace files as well as your workspace so that I can investigate and test it on my end.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Click "Other files" and enable "Workspace files and UI settings".

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2739750 ATTN Jason H

If you disconnect your realtime data connection at Control Center-->Connections, do you continue to receive realtime data in charts or do they stop receiving realtime data immediately?

Do you experience the issue upon live trading only or does it happen when trading the Sim101 account as well? If you experience the issue upon trading the Sim101 account, please run NinjaTrader in safe mode and check if you can reproduce.

Safe Mode will prevent NinjaTrader from:
    • Loading workspaces.
    • Connecting on start-up.
    • Loading custom assemblies.
    • Getting instrument updates from the server.

To enable safe mode, please use the following steps:
    • Exit NinjaTrader.
    • Hold the CONTROL key and double click the NinjaTrader icon.
    • Keep the CONTROL key held down until you see the Control Center.
    • You can verify you are in safe mode by going to Help -> About.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by futtrader, 04-21-2024, 01:50 AM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post futtrader  
    Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:55 AM
    1 response
    0 likes