Zoom tool doesn't scale price axis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zoom tool doesn't scale price axis

Unless I'm doing something wrong, on a chart window when I create a zoom box, defining both time (x-axis) and price (y-axis) I would expect both ranges to be honored. I've created that region so that I can 'zoom-in' on price and see the bars more closely - i.e. the definition of "zooming-IN"). I expect Ninjatrader to honor both the z-axis and the y-axis bounded zoom ranges.

If you want to support only the x-axis zoom then add a different zoom icon, like "<-->" or a y-axis only zoom (an Up/down arrow) menu item. But if you are going to use a zoom box then please honor the specified region - as all other Windows applications do.

in https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...AndOutInAChart it states: "The chart display area will zoom in to the selected frame area."

How do I make the zoom-in tool work on both the x & y-axes or is this a bug?

Hello Kabua,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately this is how the Zoom In function works in charts. It does not honor the ranges of the zoom frame precisely. It will add a little extra space on the left (x-axis) and it will scale to the highest high/lowest low as per the y-axis. I will forward a feature request to business development so the Zoom In function precisely honors the ranges of the zoom frame.

JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I couldn't agree more with the OP. I have been using a different platform and what he describes above, i.e. honoring both axis is exactly what it does. I find this most annoying as you have to zoom in many times just to get at the zoom level you desire. Please consider adding this as a feature upgrade in a future release.

Comment

The feature request of honoring the zoom frame precisely has been added to the list of possible future enhancements and is assigned to SFT-3603.

NeverDownMoney, I will forward your vote for this feature request as well.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NinjaTrader_Jason Thank you!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Bidder
          by Bidder