Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 on parallels and cancel order button size

Dear Community,

I am running NT8 on parallels and win 10. Can you please advise on how to change the size of the cancel order button on chart - you know, the cross button? I thought it would depend on the resolution of the screen, but it barely does. I use external monitor in the office and I use NT8 at home without external monitor, and sometimes I get this nice big cancel (cross) button, but sometimes it goes back to small size like here on the pic. No consistency... I really prefer it to be bigger so I don't miss on canceling that order...

Hello plush,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, there is not an option that directly controls the size of the cancel order button. You would have to create you own skin to change this. Here is the Creating your own Skin Help Guide to assist you further.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...r_own_skin.htm

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks Shawn,
      perhaps, this inconsistency is explained by windows resolution in parallels on Mac or maybe there is a setting in parallels? maybe someone figured it out?

Comment

Hi, I am having the same problem on windows machine with resolution 3000x2000 (surface book) and I have the cancel (x button) really small for the strategies. I did try to change resolution or reduce and increase the scaling with no solution. It is actually worse as the chart gets blurred.

Any indication what lines to edit to increase the size of the cancel button (x button) for the stop loss and take profit?
        I only want bigger buttons and I am fine with colours. Thanks.

Comment

Hello marktrading,

The size of the button is based on a fixed 16x16 pixel size. As such, it would always appear in this size.

While it is possible to modify this via Windows' scaling, it would simply upscale this, together with everything else on the screen (e.g. by making it 24x24 pixels in size), which then introduces the blurriness, as modern displays generally handle scaling pretty badly.

While there is currently no way to modify this through the platform directly, we have a pending feature request to make NinjaTrader 8 easier to access on 4k devices. This would include a customizable cancel button.

The internal tracking number for this feature request is SFT-2307. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:Should you have any further suggestions or questions, please let me know!
          Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post Aviram Y  
          Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
          3 responses