Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

What's the most current Ninjatrader Continuum server IP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the most current Ninjatrader Continuum server IP?

I'd like to run some tests and see how long it takes to receive packets back, thanks

Specifically tick data if that affects the server choice

Hello JustinOfNazareth,

Thanks for your post.

Live account data: www.cqgtrader.com - 208.48.16.200

Demo Account data: demo.cqgtrader.com - 64.208.51.33

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Justin, I suggest you rent a VPS in Chicago, for example HEFICED. I love them, amazing customer service and decent value given CME proximity, installed Win 2016 on their VPS that is around 15 USD per month and I have 2-3 ms for Continuum.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ShawnB View Post
        Hello JustinOfNazareth,

Thanks for your post.

Live account data: www.cqgtrader.com - 208.48.16.200

Demo Account data: demo.cqgtrader.com - 64.208.51.33

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
        Thanks Shawn. Is there a specific way to run a ping or tracert test with these IP addresses? I keep getting 'destination unreachable' but my dns recognizes the public IP of "www.cqgtrader.com' thanks. Seems to get hung up after reaching level3

Comment

Originally posted by Oracletrades View Post
          Justin, I suggest you rent a VPS in Chicago, for example HEFICED. I love them, amazing customer service and decent value given CME proximity, installed Win 2016 on their VPS that is around 15 USD per month and I have 2-3 ms for Continuum.
          Do you teamview(vnc) into the server remotely? What kind of lag does that equate to?

Comment

Hello JustinOfNazareth,

Thank you for your response.

Here are some alternate addresses that you may try;

Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by JustinOfNazareth View Post

Do you teamview(vnc) into the server remotely? What kind of lag does that equate to?
              I use RDP and connect from Dubai in the Middle East. Bit of mouse pointer lag, but I only trade limit orders so don't care so much for the lag. It's overrated as an issue but if you have a strategy with market orders, this gets the job done, wherever you are in the World. Note, you need to educate yourself on securing RDP which unfortunately is a bit vulnerable if used on the open internet, out of the box. Good tutorials on youtube.

Comment

please update;; What's the most current Ninjatrader Continuum server IP?

​I had two recent drop-outs of my continuum service.

Comment

Hello dlv123,

The IP addresses listed in this thread still apply for NinjaTrader Continuum (CQG). However running a tracert report won't work as CQG blocks that type of network diagnostic.

A connection state between NinjaTrader Desktop and your broker/data feed connection is not dictated by NinjaTrader Desktop. NinjaTrader Desktop only reports the connection state as it is reported by the API you are connected through. NinjaTrader Desktop behaves like a radio receiver in that it receives signals from the connected server. If the signals are not coming through, the underlying broker/market data vendor API reports this to NinjaTrader Desktop which in turn reports this back to you. Once a loss of connection is reported, NinjaTrader Desktop or the underlying API will continuously try to re-establish a connection.

Can you please troubleshoot the connection losses with the steps below. Check if the issue persists after each step.
                  • Restart NinjaTrader
                  • Restart your modem and (if applicable) router
                  • Restart your PC
                  • Clear your DNS:
                  - Open the Command Prompt: https://www.howtogeek.com/235101/10-...in-windows-10/
                  - In the command prompt, run this command: ipconfig /flushdns
                  • If you are not already and the option is available to you, connect to the internet using an ethernet cable. Wireless connections are significantly more unreliable.
                  • Ensure exceptions have been added into any firewall/antivirus/backup programs for the Documents > "NinjaTrader 8" folder.
                  • Ensure that your computer is not turning off your Network Adapter to conserve power:
                  - Right-click on your Start button
                  - Select 'Device Manager'
                  - Expand 'Network Adapters'
                  - Right-click on your Network Adapter and select Properties > Power Management
                  - Uncheck 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' option
                  - Click 'OK' to save the changes
                  - Do this for all Network Adapters
                  JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                  5 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Bidder
                  by Bidder