X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MBL = 'Multi-Broker License'

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post

The only technical way this would be feasible would be to have two accounts - one using Rithmic technology and the other CQG. Within the platform, you could then set your preferred connections to Rithmic. This will populate all windows with data from Rithmic while giving you the ability to place trades to your CQG-based account.
      Hi Patrick,

Thank you for, as you always do, providing good answers to Hyper's questions.

My next question on this topic is clarification on how I would deploy Multiple connections within an Automated strategy.

Maybe ~ "How load would I/what code statements would I use to load dataseries for the same period ES futures contracts from both CQG and Rithmic within the same strategy so I can use the data feeds from Rithmic to drive management decision order logic and place orders through CQG Continum?"

Thanks!

Comment

hedgeplay , using the settings that you quoted from in my previous post would accomplish what you want without needing to code anything. You would have already defined your preferred connection for real-time and historical data, so this is what the NinjaScript strategy would be using for logic decisions. Then, the account selected in the strategy's settings would determine what account is traded to.

I may not be fully understanding your question, so if this is not a satisfactory answer I suggest that you create a new topic in the NinjaScript sub-forums so a NinjaScript expert may look into what you're wanting to accomplish programmatically.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
          hedgeplay , using the settings that you quoted from in my previous post would accomplish what you want without needing to code anything. You would have already defined your preferred connection for real-time and historical data, so this is what the NinjaScript strategy would be using for logic decisions. Then, the account selected in the strategy's settings would determine what account is traded to.

I may not be fully understanding your question, so if this is not a satisfactory answer I suggest that you create a new topic in the NinjaScript sub-forums so a NinjaScript expert may look into what you're wanting to accomplish programmatically.
          That works for now.

Thanks Patrick!

Comment

As the OP on this thread; let me, for the record, state the SOLUTION eventually adopted.

Patrick's suggestion was TECHNICALLY correct; and the NinjaTrader platform will support that configuration
            which would have enabled CQG routing; while using Rithmic Market Data; however.....

Orders Department, on grouds of Risk management, will NOT APPROVE that configuration. There's
            just no way around it.

So, in the end, I had to give up CQG routing; with the lower margins; and go for Full Rithmic Routing
            with the much higher margin requirements.

So, THANKS to everyone, especially Patrick for steering me in that direction; but it just was not acceptable
            on a Risk Basis for the 2 Order routings to be on the platform, perhaps because of CME restrictions on
            "non-professional versus professional" or other similar business considerations.

So I am using Rithmic, and only Rithmic for routing and Market Data.

Orders and Risk Management in general did agree to negotiate a 20% margin requirement; even though
            the Phillip Capital is currently requiring 100% margin. I APPRECIATE THAT GESTURE AT LEAST.

So, in the end, we all know that the Futures game has "many moving parts" and this was just an
            example of a Technical capability; which the NinjaTrader Brokerage was not willing to approve, for
            reasons of Risk Management and Business practices exposure.

HOPE THAT ROUGHLY SUMMARIZES THE SITUATION. I can live with that solution; and THANKS to ALL.

hyperscalper

Comment

Thanks, that is very interesting.

But I thought the Multi-Broker License is a feature which is supposed to explicitly
              allow CQG and Rithmic connections to exist at the exact same time.

I have done exactly that.
              (But in the past, with NT7 ... but current NT8 is the same, I thought).

I used to connect to account #1 which was Continuum, then connected to
              account #2 which was Rithmic -- and I traded them both. In my case, these
              were both live funded accounts, but with separate credentials from separate
              brokers.

After you lease or purchase your NinjaTrader license, there is an "upgrade" to
              that license which makes it a "Multi-Broker" license -- the "Multi-Broker" refers
              to the multiple broker order routing connection technologies (yes, CQG and
              Rithmic have different connection adapters -- so the MB License is absolutely
              positively required if you want to connect to both.)

I am confused who and why this 'Orders Dept' would care that you have two
              different accounts with two different broker connection technologies.

Patrick, can you please comment?
              What the heck is going on for this OP's setup?
              Did you not also advise OP the MBL was needed for his solution?
              Was I wrong to assume that?
              Assuming OP is talking about Orders Dept with NT Brokerage,
              why is NT brokerage side preventing MBL holders from using CQG/Rithmic together?

For example, consider this,
              NT users who have an NT Brokerage account w/Continuum can trade a second
              account from TopstepTrader (which is Rithmic) at the same time (but only if they
              have the Multi-Broker license) and the 'Orders Dept' at NT Brokerage is simply
              not involved in (or even need be made aware of) this setup.

What am I missing?
              Last edited by bltdavid; 08-11-2020, 11:12 AM.

Comment

bltdavid , you're conflating having two accounts at NinjaTrader Brokerage with two accounts at separate brokers. In general, the former does not require a multibroker key while the latter does. There would not be similar risk concerns from NinjaTrader Brokerage about having a Rithmic-based account and CQG-based account at separate brokers because of that exact fact - they're separate brokers and not under one roof.

We're really getting into account-related items that cannot be discussed on the forums. If you're curious how or why NinjaTrader Brokerage's risk would reject what Hyper intended to do in more detail, it will be best to contact NinjaTrader Brokerage directly.

Comment

Well, as they say, "it's nothing personal" and has nothing to do with my details as a client. Anybody who wanted a Rithmic Market Data feed while routing through CQG would similarly be denied for reasons related to NinjaTrader's Business policies and both Account Risk and Business risk related, not merely tangentially, with CME status, such as non-professional (which most of us are) versus another possible status, but a range of such considerations. It's technically possible, but Ninja does not wish to offer that particular combo. hyperscalper

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
                  14 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post aligator  
                  Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
                  6 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post emuns