Strategy Analyzer AddChartIndicator() Memory Leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Analyzer AddChartIndicator() Memory Leak

Just wanted to report that the Strategy Analyzer has a memory leak, which I think is related to AddChartIndicator().

When I try to Optimize a strategy that contains calls to AddChartIndicator() the Strategy quickly consumes all the memory available on my PC (32GB!!). The Optimization process also gets slower and slower. It becomes completely unresponsive eventually and the only option is a force quit.

I'm talking about a regular Optimization with tens-of-thousands of iterations.

By removing the calls to AddChartIndicator() the situation resolves itself. However, this unfortunately means that the "Chart" view on the strategy Analyzer isn't very useful.

Hello kevinenergy,

Thanks for the post.

I am thinking this issue is unique to either the strategy or the indicator being used in that strategy. The SampleMACrossover strategy uses AddChartIndicator() and does not give unexpected performance or end results. While I can not profile custom code, I would be happy to try and replicate the environment you are using where the results you describe are produced, then see if that will cause the SampleMACrossover to do this. If that is OK, please send me an email to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with "ATTN ChrisL <Thread link here>" in the body of the email.

I look forward to your reply.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post lightsun47  
    Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
    1 response