Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

attach order to indicator

When i use a preconfigured ATM with stop and take profit levels defined :

I see from help page that this only applies if a stop strategy has NOT been set.

Will the attach process reject tryingn to attach a stop to an indicator plot if a stop strategy is set?

Also say i have 3 contracts and each has a separate take profit and different stops set
    contract 1 - take profit 15 and stop 10
    contract 2 - take profit 25 and stop 12
    contract 3 - take profit 35 and stop 14

this will obviously produce 3 stop orders with the ATM so if i want all 3 to be attached to an indicator plot value i need to do this for each ?

If they all have the same stop ie 12 - then i only need to attach once to the indicator plot and as targets are filled the number will reduce for the contracts at the stop level.

ie target 1 of 15 is achieved - the attached stop order will decrement to 2 contracts at the attached price for the ATM stop.

thanks

Hello,

If a Stop Strategy is being used it will not reject the order.

Correct if you have 3 separate stop loss orders each one would need to be attached individually even if they share the same Stop Loss value.

Yes as the Profit Targets are executed your Stop Loss quantity will automatically adjust for the number for the remaining position.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello, to confirm and clarify

if the stops in the ATM have a stop strategy are you saying trying to attach the stop order to an indicator will not reject the order - but then so the stop strategy will be ignored and the indicator plot value takes precedence?

Also if all 3 stop orders are set to 10 ticks but each have different take profit targets are you saying i need to attach all 3 stop orders individually even though the chart trader lines will all overlay ontop of each other .... so each target line that shows in the ATM is treated as a separate order and thus needs to be attached individually. The problem with the scenario of all 3 target orders in the ATM (ie showing as 3 lines in the ATM) with the same stop tick value makes it difficult to separate unless as the first is attached and then moves to the indicator plot value it then allows us to then select the next one etc .....

would it not be more efficient to have all stop orders with same tick value attach in one process or the current design does not allow this?

thanks

Comment

When using the Attach to indicator feature it was not designed to work with a Stop Strategy attached therefore when using the attach to option we recommend disabling the Stop Strategy if one is currently enabled with your ATM Strategy.

Correct if the Stop Loss orders are at the same price when your right click on the Stop Order you will have to option to select which order you want to adjust and this would need to be done for each order individually.

There is not an option to attach all Stop Loss orders at the same time however I have submitted your suggestion to our development team and will follow up as soon as a tracking number has been assigned.

Comment

Thanks for the reply,

so i appreciate you say

" the Attach to indicator feature it was not designed to work with a Stop Strategy attached therefore when using the attach to option we recommend disabling the Stop Strategy if one is currently enabled with your ATM Strategy."

so whilst you recommend disabling the stop strategy - what is the expected behaviour if a user inadvertently does not disable it ? will it be ignored and the attach to indicator value will take precedence or the behaviour is unexpected?

thanks for submitting the feature request for this to development to be able to attach all 3 stop orders at same price in one attach process

Comment

It appears the indicator value will take precedence.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by AaronKoRn, Today, 09:49 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post AaronKoRn  
            Started by carnitron, Today, 08:42 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes