Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bar time not coreect

Hello,

The start time of the bar is not correct, as you can see in the picture. The computer time is 9.03 and the time in the databox is 9.30. I use TPO's and suddenly noticed that the openings price was not correct. It happens with all of my charts and data series. How can I solve this ?

Jan.

Hello hollandjan,

Thank you for your note.

Please use the steps below to change/check your Time Zone and sync the PC clock:
    • Shutdown NinjaTrader
    • Right-click the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop
    • Select Adjust date/time
    • For Windows 10 click 'Additional date, time, & regional settings' -> then click 'Set the time and date'
    • Select the 'Internet Time' tab at the top
    • Set the server to time.nist.gov and then click Update.
    • If the message that appears says successful your PC clock should now be updated.
    • If not, select a different server from the Server: drop-down and try again (repeat until one of the servers is successful)
    After updating the PC clock, please restart NinjaTrader, then right-click the chart and select Reload All Historical Data.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Comment

The PC clock has the exact time (on the second). I can not change the clock settings, due to company rules, but both time and time-zone are ok. I saw that the probem occur with all the minutes charts, the second charts are right on time...

Jan.

Comment

what time does the data box say on a 1 min bar, does it match time axis?

Comment

See the picture. The time axis shows the same time as the databox. Actual time is one minute less.

Jan.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello hollandjan,

Thank you for your note.

As a test, I would also recommend deleting your current cache files from the NinjaTrader folder. First, you'll want to make sure that you have completely closed and exited the NinjaTrader program. To delete the cache, you'll navigate to Documents folder, NinjaTrader folder, db folder and then delete the "cache", "day", "minute" and "tick" folders respectively. When you have accomplished this, you'll then relaunch NinjaTrader as you normally would.

Do you continue to see the same?

Comment

I did it, delete all the requested folders, but still the same problem.....

Jan.

Comment

I think the timestamp is set at the close of the bar simply, in other words, the 09:30 bar includes all trades in period 09:00:00 - 09:29:59

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

What MGHunter suggests is correct; you have a 30 Minute chart, which means the bar will close at the end of that 30-Minute period. The timestamp will show the time in the future when the bar is expected to close.

The following link from our Help Guide includes more information about how these bars are timestamped:

Please let us know if you have any further questions.
                  Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
                  3 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Anfedport  
                  Started by iceman2018, Today, 05:07 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes