How to exit and keep strategies active.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to exit and keep strategies active.

I have been working on interactive strategies for some time and I would like to confirm or make sure I have best practices understood.

Using the "Close" in the SuperDom will stop my "auto-trading" strategy but manually trading around it[auto-trading] with OCO ATM strategy targets appears to be fine. Is there a setting I am missing or a way to set the "Close" button in the SuperDom to only close orders not placed by my auto-trading strategy?

any advise is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by MarketAlly; 09-28-2018, 06:28 AM.

I would expect the close button to cancel all orders and flatten the position of the account and instrument that is selected in the order entry window. For an automated strategy, I would expect the CLOSE button to also disable that strategy. There is no way to disable this function of the CLOSE button.

I am not quite sure I understand what you mean when you say "but manually trading around it[auto-trading] with OCO ATM strategy targets appears to be fine." Are you saying that you can flatten a position which was placed by an automated strategy by placing an opposing order of the same quantity? If so, this is expected and is the only way to 'close' a strategy position without also disabling the strategy,

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      I am not quite sure I understand what you mean
      Because of the way NT8 works, if users want to trade the same vehicle as an auto-trading strategy is doing - they will be using a SuperDom (or chart) while strategy runs. This means orders will appear while they are using the SuperDOM - which is fine and actually I like this since I can detect the order in the auto-trading strategy.

But I want to be able to let them cancel the manual orders. The users appear to be inclined to press the "Close" button when exiting orders which disables the strategy. It is odd that it would do this since there exists an interface for strategies only that offer "enable/disable" Why would the Close in the superdom impact that?

You can actually close a strategy's open orders via the Control Panel by the way. An option to only have the Close close orders but not disable the strategy would be better imo.
      Last edited by MarketAlly; 09-28-2018, 07:11 AM.

Comment

The CLOSE button is not intended tto be used the way you desire. I've submitted a feature request to the Development Team for this. The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-1828. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 09-28-2018, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bc24fl, 08-30-2019, 01:58 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post PaulMohn  
        Started by sugalt, Today, 04:02 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post sugalt