Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Why chart demo with real data different from...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why chart demo with real data different from...

hello
    i find that chart for futures in demo account with real data different from other charts in CME for example and time delayed in advance for 15 min ....there`s an explication for this ?
    Attached Files

Demos do not provide delayed data - the data will either be real-time or historical only. I suspect the discrepancy you're noticing is a difference in how bars are timestamped between NinjaTrader and whatever the other program is.

NinjaTrader stamps a bar with the closing time of the bar. For example, a minute bar with a time of 9:31:00 AM has data from 9:30:00 AM through 9:30:59 AM. The 15:30 bar in your NinjaTrader screenshot contains the data from 15:15 through 15:29:29.

Using end of bar time stamps is required in order to be able to plot multiple series of differing time frames within a single chart all accurately synchronized to time.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      Demos do not provide delayed data - the data will either be real-time or historical only..
      thank you for your reply But if you see the time in my PC and chart it`s not delayed but in advance from mine ! why like this ?

Attached Files

Comment

If you read the rest of my post, it explains how and why this occurs:
        NinjaTrader stamps a bar with the closing time of the bar. For example, a minute bar with a time of 9:31:00 AM has data from 9:30:00 AM through 9:30:59 AM. The 15:30 bar in your NinjaTrader screenshot contains the data from 15:15 through 15:29:29.

Using end of bar time stamps is required in order to be able to plot multiple series of differing time frames within a single chart all accurately synchronized to time.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
          If you read the rest of my post, it explains how and why this occurs:
          thank you ... i can reconfigure the time chart that The 15:30 bar will contains the data from 15:30 through 15:44. ?

Comment

The timestamp of a bar will always be the closing time - this cannot be changed.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by pibrew, Today, 06:37 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post pibrew
            by pibrew

Started by rbeckmann05, Yesterday, 06:48 PM
            1 response
            0 likes