Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OCO order with preset SL and targets

Hi,

in other platforms they have the facility to preset Sl and targets in OCO orders even for multiple lots so that one can just fire and OCO order with just one clisk. I searched a lot but didnt see this in NT8. If this is available, please somebody guide me on how to set it up.

regards
    tstrader

What you're describing sounds like ATM strategies. ATM Strategies are designed to provide discretionary traders with semi-automated features to manage their positions. This includes having pre-configured stop loss and profit target orders which will be submitted when the entry order fills.

I would highly suggest watching our two ATM training videos on our YouTube channel to learn more about this tool:

ATM 201
    ATM 301

Comment

Thank you Patrick.

Before watching the videos, just one more question: Are these ATM orders executed even if my system crashes after giving the order? I think OCO orders are executed in such a case. May be there is answer in the videos, but cant watch right now as it some 30 mins duration, will watch later.

TIA

Comment

Got reply in the mail. Thank you.

Comment

For everyone else's reference who may be reading, this is the answer we provided via email:

The stop loss and profit target orders are OCO, so once one fills the other will be cancelled automatically.

If the entry order is filled, the stop loss and profit target will be submitted to the exchange and will still execute. However, the OCO functionality will vary depending if your broker supports OCO functionality on their servers. I have linked below to which brokers do and do not provide this:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Anfedport  
          Started by iceman2018, Today, 05:07 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post iceman2018