Attaching Drawn Objects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attaching Drawn Objects

Is there a way to attach a drawn object to an indicator?
    Is there a way to attach a drawn object to X bars ago from current?

Hello SBMT17,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. Via the Drawing object Properties, from the Attach to menu you may select an Indicator added to a chart to attach the object to that chart's panel (double click a drawing object to quickly access its Properties). There is not a method to add offsets to the drawing object, however.

Let us know if we may assist further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,
      I have tried to do as you said but it seems it won't allow me to attach it to an indicator? What am I doing wrong?
      Thank you so much!
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for writing in.

It is difficult to say for certain without seeing a clearer picture of your chart window. Can you please clarify the indicator you wish to attach the object to?

Please also note, the indicator will not be an available option in this menu unless it is already enabled on the chart. I have attached a screenshot of an example.

If the indicator is already enabled on your chart, please provide a screenshot of the full chart window and the indicator settings so we may check further.

Thanks.
        Attached Files
        Cody D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello CodyD,
          Thank you for replying,
          Originally posted by NinjaTrader_CodyD View Post
          Thanks for writing in.
          Please also note, the indicator will not be an available option in this menu unless it is already enabled on the chart. I have attached a screenshot of an example.
          Thanks.
          I did not know this. I drew the triangle again and now the indicators appear in the drop down menu. Thank you.

The indicator I wish to attach it to is a custom indicator (stmCOGChannel) as well as the now default indicator in NT8 Wiseman Fractal.

Please see picture Triangle 2.

What I would like to do is the following:

1) Manually Draw the Triangle, then have the 'leading point' attach to the Blue line you see going down the middle.
          2) I would then like to take the next steps to know how to attach the Triangle top & bottom points to the High and Low (of the OHLC) candle to the previous X (preferably I would like to make this interchangeable between the last 2 and 3 ) fractal triangle(s).
          3) Lastly, I would like pointers (if it's possible) to develop this into an auto-drawing indicator

I look forward to your reply

**EDIT**
          Upon further attempts to "attach" the triangle, the triangle does not move from place.
          When attaching the triangle, is it supposed to attach the "middle point" of the triangle? My goal is to be able to attach the tips/corners to aforementioned points.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by SBMT17; 09-10-2018, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

To clarify, the attach feature in this case is referring to charts on which the indicators and data series are placed, rather than pinning a specific point or values on the drawing object to moving point on an indicator line.

Please see the link below to our help guide for further details about how drawing objects and their properties work: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._tools__ob.htm

Unfortunately such a capability as you are requesting is unavailable within the platform at this time. A drawing object which automatically updates to pin to bars based on the values as they compile or the ability to update the object to move with an indicator line will both require custom coding.

For more information about coding such an item, please see our NinjaScript help guide educational resources page.

Cody D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 01:16 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post cre8able  
            Started by ChartTourist, Today, 08:22 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes