Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Switching tabs using short cuts / hot keys (Feature request)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switching tabs using short cuts / hot keys (Feature request)

Hello!

I usually observe several markets, use one workspace, two windows, each with lots of tabs. I miss the function to switch between tabs FAST. Switching tabs by mouse clicking takes a lot of time, escpecially in fast moving markets and therefore is not very comfortable.

The easiest way would be to use hot keys or keyboard`s arrow keys and is probably not very hard to implement into Ninja.

So I would like to request this feature to get a better workflow.

Thanks a lot!

Cheers
    Rob

Hello robert789df,

Thank you for your note.

I have submitted your suggestion to our development team as a feature request to be considered in an upcoming release of NinjaTrader.

Please let us know if we may provide further assistance.

Comment

+1 please add my vote

Comment

Why not use windows shortcuts that are already built in, since practically forever?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChrisSch View Post
        Hello robert789df,

Thank you for your note.

I have submitted your suggestion to our development team as a feature request to be considered in an upcoming release of NinjaTrader.

Please let us know if we may provide further assistance.

Comment

Hello robert789df,

Thank you for your patience. Just to clarify- were you wanting a hotkey to change tabs on all windows at once or just the modal window? You should be able to utilize the windows shortcut CTRL + TAB to change between tabs on the modal window.

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

Hello Chris,

thank you for helping me out, switching tabs within a modal window is all I wanted, CTRL + TAB works. There is no option to change the shortcut in the hotkeys/tabs menu?

Maybe, as Sledge suggested, using Windows build in shortcuts or arrow keys would be more intuitive.

Thanks

Comment

Don't forget the shift key to go in reverse

Comment

I'm confused.

But that aside.

When I first started using NT8, I noticed that all the Windows shortcuts for menus were no longer visible.

I use them extensively in NT7 in combination with macros.

Every other piece of software under Windows that I have has them. I don't know what the 'system' is referred to as but it is Windows standard. Alt+F for File Menu drop down, Alt+F+O for Open, you know what I mean.

Using these I can navigate the entirety of NT7 and do mostly anything I wanted without moving or clicking a mouse.

But not in 8. Not only do activities often require more steps in 8 (in my experience), they require mouse movement and cannot be programmed into a macro.

When I found this to be the case, I was asked if I wanted a Feature Request. Well, I didn't want them removed from 7 in 8, I wanted them available just like every other piece of software in Windows.

So, I didn't expect Windows built in shortcuts to work, for shifting between Tabs, or otherwise.

Bizarrely and by accident, replicable but I'm not sure how, by mis-hitting some Keyboard Keys the Chart Window-right-click-Menu (for Maximize, Minimze, Close etc) appeared. Where have you been hiding my old friend? So they're in there bursting to get out somehow.

Anybody have a Scooby-Doo what the heck is going on, what Windows shortcuts work and what don't and care to enlighten me I'd be extremely grateful, especially if that involved accessing my beloved Alt+ Menus and navigating between them with abandon at the programmed macro press of an arrow key.

I'd be able to kick the undoubtedly fast-approaching Carpel Tunnel Syndrome way down the road.

Kind regards
                Last edited by brucerobinson; 08-25-2018, 09:43 AM.

Comment

You will not find "standard windows feature(s) mode(s) like you are speaking of in NT8. For the same reason they do not have snap-mode. They just don't. The chose not to implement it.

The rest of this post is a rant, please don't read on if you don't want to hear me whining.

The only response you're going to get from them is "we'll submit a request ticket."
                  NT8 was released to early, and we're all still struggling weeks, months, years later.
                  NT7 will be cut off sooner than we all want....

Question is, what will NT do about this conundrum.

I do say, NT8 is getting better over the last 3 months. However, it's still not worth the money I spent to become a lifetime member. Maybe in 6 months or so I feel like I will change my mind.

Comment

Thanks SBMT17.
                    That's what I thought.
                    When I found it to be the case last year I was asked if I wanted a feature request.
                    Oh, looking back on how innocent I was.
                    IIRC when I investigated why at the time, there was something to do with development choices to made to do with Windows 10.

Oh well, back to the mouse.

Comment

Add my vote please

Comment

Johnny Santiago, there was no feature request submitted here because there is a solution to switching tabs already. See my earlier post:

If this does not meet your needs, please elaborate on what you're trying to accomplish.

Comment

This thread has saved me money on monitors, and visits to the chiropractor. Thank you all very much!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post PaulMohn  
                          Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post ZenCortexAuCost