Collapse

Disable popup messages for rejected orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please add my strong support for this feature as well. Those otherwise trivial popups routinely create a very serious problem when they come rapidly, with potentially devastating consequences for our ability to maneuver in a fast market. This should be made a top-priority fix!

Comment

Is this still an issue in the middle of a trade and I have to X out a pop up, error before I can move my stop again - this is BAD should be fixed long time ago
      Is this still a thing or and thye be truned off
      esmall
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Ed's Retrace Plan

Comment

+1

Please add my vote.

Comment

I agree - this is important - especially for a strategy using unmanaged orders there is no reason these messages should not be able to be eliminated if the trader wants to let the strategy handle it. It would be "nice" to be able to silence pop-up messages in general, with a "don't show me this again" checkbox and a tab in Options to turn them back on if anyone wants to by message, but this particular one, rejected orders, is the most onerous so even if it's just this one that gets disabled by adding a property that can be set by the script, this is the low-hanging fruit here and the most important one to be able to disable.
          Bruce DeVault
          QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Hello bltdavid​,
            Thank you for your reply.

We have added a vote for you to SFT-671 as well.​

Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.
            Adrian B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Any feed back related this request?

These tiny error messages are a hassle in unmanaged order strategies.

Comment

Hello diorfo57​,
                Thank you for your post.

Deciding on features for future releases is not a simple black and white decision. There are many factors involved including but not limited to:
                • Demand which is measured by objective user requests and subjective discretion on the part of our Product Management team.
                • Feasibility
                • Developer bandwidth
                • Current projects in the queue
                • Economics
                You'll find a note regarding your feature request in the release notes when a feature is implemented.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.​

Comment

Its nice to see developers ignore their user base. Keep brushing us off. Whth better platforms coming into the market you guys should watch it

Comment

My earlier post on this above remains highly relevant. Note in the first historical post in the list I provide in that post that the date of first request for this feature (in NT7) which eventually gave rise to SFT-671 was 2007-03-13, some 16.5 years ago. The actual request (SFT-671) may have taken as long as 8 years to have been seriously considered, given the first mention in the thread of that SFT is on 2016-05-25. ... Adjust your expectations accordingly!

Thanks.
                    Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
                    jeronymite
                    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

Please add my vote.

It's an issue for me as well:
                      https://forum.ninjatrader.com/forum/...gs#post1270986
                      Last edited by carnitron; 09-29-2023, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Hello carnitron​​,
                        Thank you for your reply.

We have added a vote for you to SFT-671 as well.​

Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.​

Comment

Let's get on the stick guys! What does it take to please give us the option to Disable these error pop-ups - or at least clear them all at once? I trade 20 prop accounts at a time, if price action is fast and it moves against me before I can drag my SL into place, these error messages are centered right in the middle of my screen all stacked one on top of the other. I can't manually close them fast enough to get them out of the way.

Comment

Hello Team,
                            I would like to extend this a bit further and add that i would like an optional to disable all popup windows, I dont like the following and i think they should be optional with a disclaimer.
                            - Removing a strategy
                            - Closing Ninjatrader with a strategy running - auto close and shut it down
                            - The historical data window AND ALL WINDOW POPUPs need a X box to close window
                            - Switching connection should auto disconnect and switch to connecting and not ask us
                            - anythign like the one above, its just more cumbersome

- closing an order with a strategy live without it turning off strategy.

-finally, can we please find a way to enable strategy faster. its super anoying to have to click enable, apply then modify a defualt parameter and then renable it, like strategies should be active by default in my opinion IF YOU WANT THEM to
                            point it Let us Choose

Comment

Please add my vote to this as well, the pop ups are debilitating and infuriating. Why not have a new tab on Control Center to collect them instead? You can still annoy us with them, but we can keep them out of our way.

Comment

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for the update and suggestions, we have sent this off to our Development Team to be added as a feature request. You'll find a note regarding your feature request in the release notes when a feature is implemented.

As always, feel free to write to us with any additional questions you may have. Thank you for choosing NinjaTrader.
                                Last edited by NinjaTrader_Adrian; 03-11-2024, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by louiseruch, Today, 01:11 AM
                                0 responses
                                1 view
                                0 likes
                                Last Post louiseruch  
                                Started by kujista, Today, 12:39 AM
                                0 responses