Strategy Builder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Builder

I was wondering if it's possible to move profit targets & stop loss manually. So say I have created a strategy and it has set profit & stop levels, once active on a chart & my criteria is met then the strategy is engaged. I want to be able to move levels manually. I understand I can do something similar to this using alerts which I tried but it does not always reset even though it is set to reset. Not looking to use trailing stops with the strategy either. Is this possible or do I have to purchase 3rd party software such as Markers Plus of BWT to accomplish this?

Thank you
    Bryon

Hello rtyscalper,

Thanks for your post.

The strategy builder would continue to assert the profit and stops at their position and is not intended for manual interaction as you wish. In general most strategies are intended to run without user interaction.

It is possible to create a strategy, in Ninjascript, that can use an existing ATM template. In this hybrid strategy, the strategy would place entry orders based on your logic conditions and when the entry order is filled the ATM would take over providing Stops and targets which like a regular ATM you can adjust as you wish on the fly. Once a stop or target has filled, the strategy resumes looking for the next entry. There is an example of this type strategy in your Ninjatrader called SampleATMstartegy that you can open in the Ninjascript editor to review the code and explanations of function within the file.

If you would like a similar strategy created for you, we can provide references links to 3rd party providers of programming service through the NinjaTrader ecosystem.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Jonafare, 12-06-2012, 03:48 PM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post rene69851  
    Started by Fitspressorest, Today, 01:38 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes