Alert Function

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alert Function

Do alerts only remain active whilst you have a window of the instrument actually open? If this is tha case, would i be able to keep alerts active by keeping an analyzer window open that has all the instruments listed in it that i have currently active alerts on?
    Thanks in advance
    Swing

The window on which the alert was created must remain open. So, if the alert was created on a chart and you then close that chart, you've now effectively removed the alert. Having the instrument in a Market Analyzer would not retain the chart alert.

Alerts can be created from the Market Analyzer window, so if your goal is to minimize open charts windows, I'd recommend seeing if it's feasible to create the same alert on your Market Analyzer. If you decide to go this route, keep in mind that alerts configured in a Market Analyzer are not instrument specific and would apply to all instruments.

Comment

Hi Patrick,
      thanks for the quick and full reply. It seems that the NT8 alerts will not be feasible for me to use. I trade many markets on a position and swing trade basis. I simply cannot have a chart open for each market i follow.
      Thanks
      Swing

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by SnailHorn, Today, 10:49 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post SnailHorn  
      Started by naanku, Today, 07:25 PM
      0 responses