Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Trade disappeared from NT8 after successfully filling it. Nowhere to be found!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trade disappeared from NT8 after successfully filling it. Nowhere to be found!

Hi,

I experienced something earlier today that trully worries me. I entered a EURUSD short position on NT8. Placed Stoploss and targets. So far everything is fine. The trade hit my target. After that, my trade doesn't appear anywhere as a winning trade, its as though it never happened. As you can see attached, it shows on the chart that I took a trade but my trade effectively disappeared. I need help please.

Log file attached.
    Screenshot attached.

Is it possible that my order disappeared like that ??

Thanks for your help
    Attached Files

I removed your log screenshot as this can potentially contain sensitive information. Do not ever share any log/trace information in a public location.

Was this a live trade? If so, did you broker have a record of the trade?

Can you provide a screenshot of where you're expecting to see this completed trade within NinjaTrader?

Comment

Hello Patrick,

Thanks for the heads up !

Its not a live trade, its a demo account. I will only know if the broker has a record tomorrow because I can only see previous day's results.

My trade doesn't appear in the Trade section (attached). Also, when I take a look at the Order section, I have a hard time interpreting what happened but something odd happens it looks like.

Thanks for your reactivity !
      Attached Files

Comment

I'd like to preface this conversation with the fact that the Trade Performance report has no bearing on actual trades that occurred and should always be considered secondary to your brokerage statement. NinjaTrader has no concept of 'trades', but simply pairs together executions. There are many reasons why a Trade Performance report can become out of sync. A few examples of this:
        • Partial fills
        • Missing executions
        • Holding overnight positions
        • Running a report from a start date on which you were not flat
        • Using another program to place an order will not show this order in NinjaTrader, including another instance of NinjaTrader on another computer.
        I see the 'entry' price listed as an exit of a trade in your report:Do you have any filters applied to your Trade Performance report? Here is an example:

Comment

I do not have any filters as shown attached. Also, the "entry" price you've mentioned is for another trade.

If I understand your explanation correctly, you are stating that NT8 and more specifically its trade performance report cannot be relied upon.

In the event that there may be a bug, is there a way to resolve this issue and have an accurate status of my trades ?
          Attached Files

Comment

To be clear, you're saying that trade 2 in your screenshot which was long EURUSD with an entry price of 1.1199'3 and an exit price of 1.0961'3 is a valid trade?

Your screenshot with the executions markers on your charts do not give very specific time information. If you lower your chart's interval to something like 5 or 1 minute, can you tell me with more accuracy when the executions are recorded on the chart?

I do not have enough information to tell what the root cause may be. A general 'fix' for database issues would be to repair the database:
            • Disconnect NinjaTrader from any open connections via Control Center > Connections > Disconnect
            • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Database Management
            • Click on 'Repair DB'
            • Press the "Repair" button
            If the issue is that an execution is simply missing, you could manually create one:To provide a more accurate answer, I would need to have your database file on my end to try to deduce what occurred by comparing that to your log executions. Even with that information, there may not be a way to 'fix' the report.
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 03-19-2020, 07:30 AM.

Comment

OK I think I'm understanding what's happening here :

During march, I performed 2 EURUSD trades, one on March 5th (losing bearish trade) and one on March 18th (winning bearish trade). Attached is a screenshot of the two trades on the chart, and my activity summary from my broker for the same period. You'll also find a screenshot of all executions for EURUSD in march from NT8.

As you can see on the screenshot, for some reason NT8 disregarded the sell order of my March 5th trade and linked the buy order of my March 5th with the sell order of my March 18th trade. Which is my the EURUSD trade you see on my trade performance report in NT8 is invalid. It thinks my EURUSD trade went from March 5th to 18th.

My broker statement reflects the reality. How can I fix this ? and how can I prevent this from happening in the future ?

I also attached the 5 minute chart you asked me for in your previous post.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by yassinealami; 03-19-2020, 07:18 AM.

Comment

It seems that NinjaTrader is missing an execution which is causing the misalignment. In general, if NinjaTrader is connected and the orders are being placed via NinjaTrader, the executions should always be recorded in the local database which would then be available in the report. I could not speculate with the information at hand how or why the execution is missing. Per my earlier advice, you could add in the missing execution(s) manually.

Comment

Ok I will add it manually.

That being said, If ninjatrader missed an execution, how can I know in the future that my orders are passed to the broker and not missed ?

Thanks for your help

Comment

The orders/executions should always appear in the Orders/Executions tab of the Control Center instantly. If you suspect live trading is not working as expected, contact your broker's Orders Desk immediately.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by giulyko00, 04-24-2024, 12:03 PM
                    7 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post eDanny
                    by eDanny

Started by NM_eFe, Today, 10:13 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes