TD Ameritrade Connection Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TD Ameritrade Connection Problem

Hi. I setup NT8 on a new computer. I'm trying to setup a TD Ameritrade connection but when I press Authorize in the Connections window, I get this popup: Unhandled Exception: The system cannot find the file specified. What can be the problem?

The new TD Ameritrade authorization requires that Internet Explorer 11 be installed on your PC. This error typically indicates that Internet Explorer 11 is not installed/activated on your PC.

hat version of Windows are you using?

Comment

I'm using Windows 10 Pro for Workstation. I have IE 11 installed and activated. What else can be causing this?

Comment

Originally posted by FaaastEddy View Post
        I'm using Windows 10 Pro for Workstation. I have IE 11 installed and activated. What else can be causing this?
        I bet you have more than 1 tda connection in your list.

Comment

Try the steps below one at a time. Make sure to follow the steps, restart the PC, then attempt to authorize the TD Ameritrade connection
          • Make sure all Windows updates are installed
          • Within Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows features on or off, make sure 'Internet Explorer 11' is enabled
          • Check that Internet Explorer 11 is installed in Start menu > Settings > Apps and features > optional features. If not, select and install 'Internet Explorer 11'
          If this still doesn't fix the issue, try making Internet Explorer 11 your default browser (just temporarily):
          • Start menu > Search for and select 'Default Apps'
          • Change 'Web browser' to 'Internet Explorer'
          • Restart your PC and test

Comment

Thanks Patrick. That worked.

Comment

I have the same problem, I followed the same instructions and I cannot solve it. help!

Comment

Can you elaborate specifically on what occurred after following all of the steps in post #5? To reiterate, Internet Explorer must be installed/active and sometimes must even be set to your default web browser.

Comment

I have internet explorer 11 activated and default. I also have the latest version of ninja trader, and I also have ameritrade enabled to share data.This worked fine before ninja trader update. Click image for larger version

Name:	NINJA.jpg
Views:	1081
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	1091558

Comment

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.
                    • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
                    • Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
                    • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2455597 ATTN PatrickG

Comment

I too am having the same TD Ameritrade issue. I have Edge as my main browser. When I click authorize in NT8 on the connection properties I don't get the TDA pop up box to enter my credentials. I've tried it with both Edge and Chrome as my browsers (set as defaults) and neither makes a difference. Any assistance would be appreciated

Comment

Edge cannot be used for this purpose. Internet Exporer 11 must be used. Did you follow the steps in post #5?

Comment

Hi, are there browser settings that allow this to work properly? My login screen on TDA simply doesn't work after form submission. Once I enter credentials, page refreshes with login form again. The normal TD web login works fine, but not the login page for the "authorize" button. Anyway I can set NT8 to perform the authorization using Firefox?

Comment

Unfortunately not. Internet Explorer 11 is required. I'd like to see exactly what you're describing. Is it possible to take screenshots or ideally a video of the process starting from clicking on 'Authorize' in NinjaTrader? We like to use Techsmith Capture to quickly record and share videos:

Comment

Hi Patrick, sorry for the delay. Here's the screencast on not being able to authorize TDA. It's something to do with Javascript on page and I pretty much enabled everything I could think of to allow Javascript to load. As you can see, the Login button is disabled in the video.

https://www.screencast.com/t/Dl2wUrfG
                              Last edited by mgalal; 05-29-2021, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:56 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post kempotrader  
                              Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:54 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post kempotrader