Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Why can't I get more "Keep best # results" ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why can't I get more "Keep best # results" ???

Hi,

Whenever I use the AI Generate function, no matter what number i put in that box, I only ever get back 10 results. And also, whatever number I put in that box, once it's finished processing, the number in the box automatically reverts back to 10.

I am on the latest version of NT8.

Thanks for your help.

Hello Mike0405,

Thank you for the post.

I did a quick test of what you described on my end however I am not seeing the box revert back to 10 and I am also seeing more than 10 kept results (i tried 30). I specifically tried using :

Generations 35
    Generation Size 30
    Threshold Generations 10
    Keep best # 30

Could you take a screenshot of the test you are doing so that I can try those specific settings?

Also have you saved a default template for the AI generate? Could you please check the following folder to see if anything is there: Documents\NinjaTrader 8\templates\Strategy\StrategyGenerator
    If you have a file named Default, try removing that and then re launch the AI tool and then test to see if that changes the result.

Please additionally check the Log tab in the control center for errors from either before or after the test.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK, I don't know what was going wrong before. I checked the documents folder and I do not have a default template in there. I just ran a quick test with your settings above and I did get 30 results back.

Comment

Hello Mike0405,

If you keep seeing the resetting happening I would want to explore that further, we generally shouldn't see the resetting of parameters like that. If you see it again and have the ability to take a video I would suggest doing that. I would also still like a picture of the parameters of your test if that still causes the problem.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am having the same problem with returning number of best results..i set it for 100 and keep getting only 10 results. There is nothing in the template/strategy folder.

As as side note, the AI backtest will be pretty useless unless criteria are used for back test results. At a minimum there should be a minimum trades criteria, but I am sure there are many criteria that could be implemented.

This feature needs a lot more work to be useful, but a good start.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Graci117, Today, 09:02 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
          Started by ETFVoyageur, Today, 07:55 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post ETFVoyageur