Trading Hours Custom Templates Dialog will not close bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trading Hours Custom Templates Dialog will not close bug

I created a custom trading hours template. When I was done I used the template in the Strategy Analyzer. I then went back tot he Trading Hours dialog. I found that the name of my template appeared twice in the list. The details of each were identical. I deleted the 2nd one in the list. I clicked around on the sessions and shortly after I noticed that the 2nd one appeared again. I made another template via the copy by copying one of the ones I had just created earlier. It appended (1) to the end of the name. But it would not let me save it. It complains that the name already exists. No matter what I change the name to the dialog box complains that the name already exits. I've left it in this condition if case someone wants to connect via TeamViewer and have a look. You may email me to arrange.

Hi Brillo, thanks for your note.

I was not able to reproduce what you're seeing here. The steps I took were:

Created a custom template> used it in the Strategy Analyzer> went back to the Trading Hours menu but there was no duplicate.

Could you ensure you are running the latest version of NinjaTrader, visit this page for a download link: https://ninjatrader.com/GetStarted Also remove any templates you have created (or move them out of the Documents\NinjaTrader 8\templates\TradingHours folder and onto your Desktop), re-create them > then test this again. If you would like for me to log in through TeamViewer to see your exact steps please email platformsupport at ninjatrader.com and reference "Attn ChrisL 2417941" in the subject or body of the email.

I look forward to hearing from you.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Probably the use case requires creating the template by hand, using it in SA, then going back to look at it. Painstaking I know but if you want to try I attached the template xml file ( in a zip ) for reference. It's not enough to simply copy it to your templates folder. I recovered from the error by killing NT and I've been experimenting with copying files and editing the xml files but I haven't seen the problem again.
      New version of NT8 8.0.19.0 installed recently ( few weeks ).
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Brillo, thanks for your reply.

I'm unable to reproduce the issue with this template. If you do come across this again and are able to reproduce with steps please let me know.
        Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post lightsun47  
        Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
        1 response
        0 likes