Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SecureTeam licensing

Hello

I would like to confrm that in 2020 Ninjatrader is still recommending SecureTeam to protect the IP,

As well, I would like to understand a few questions about licensing. I have sent an email to [email protected] as suggested in the T&C https://order.shareit.com/info/terms_conditions but I am getting bounced to Share-It processor payment 3rd party without any answer

Can anyone help with the following questions?

1- My intention is to run the same strategy with different brokers. Is there any restriction requiring one license per server running the compiled DLL, or for the account user name?

2 -Besides our code obfuscated is there any code ADDITION inside the comopiled strategy DLL?

3 -Is it possible to user http://www.secureteam.net/acode-pricing instead of the Ninja specific solution and but a perpetual license with Ninjatrader8?

Thanks

Zulok

Hello zulok,

I see that you have registered in 2010, but thank you for making your first post!

Yes, NinjaTrader still uses SecureTeam for protection of IP in NinjaScript assemblies.

The DLL protection provided by Agile.NET is simply for the protection of your code. The assembly will not be tied to your NinjaTrader license or tied to a specific account. EcoSystem Vendors have the capability of locking the assembly down so it can only be used by authorized users, which uses a Machine ID which represents hardware specific and unique information about a user's PC. If that is something interests you, please inquire with our Business Development Team at info [at] ninjatraderecosystem [dot] com

The features of their software that is available specifically for NinjaTrader can be found below. I am not aware of any additional code additions here, and that question may best be answered by SecureTeam. (This link is publicly available)

Agile.net is a best-in-class obfuscator for .NET platform. Agile.net protects .NET applications against piracy, code theft & malicious tampering.

You could use their full product to protect assemblies compile externally to NinjaTrader, and then you can hook that assembly up to a "shell" strategy/indicator/addon if you would like to utilize more enhanced protection from their full suite. Vendor Licensing related questions should be directed to our Business Development team, however.

Our Help Guide page on DLL Security can be found here - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...l_security.htm

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Jim

I couln't believe myself that I registered so long ago :-)

Thank you very much for the answer
      Zulok

Comment

I just started to use this software for my VPS and am noticing that it slows ninjatrader down - will report to the community if this effect persists and is owing to the obfuscated dll use on NT. Maybe other users can comment on their experiences with SecureTeams NT product. Regards to all

Comment

Hello elliot5,

Obfuscation can add a performance penalty, but it is often going to be attributed to the specific obfuscations applied. Virtualization often carries a higher performance than other obfuscation means.

A publicly available article that discusses can be found here, which may be helpful for the community.

We would also welcome any specifics that you may want to share with obfuscation settings if you would like to further share your experience with the community.
          JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jim View Post
            Hello elliot5,

Obfuscation can add a performance penalty, but it is often going to be attributed to the specific obfuscations applied. Virtualization often carries a higher performance than other obfuscation means.

A publicly available article that discusses can be found here, which may be helpful for the community.

Great article.

Thanks for posting Jim.

Control flow obfuscation: 0.06654356 ms (+189%)
            Virtualization: 1.5812997 ms (+6779%)

Yikes!

HedgePlay

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
            Started by kulwinder73, Today, 10:31 AM