X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating chart does not have the options I selected when creating it

Hi there,

I am running NT 8.0.19.0 64-bit.
    I go to the Control Center and select New/Chart from the menu which opens the Data Series dialogue as follows. I then select the following options:

FDAX 03-20
    5 Days with End Date: 06/01/2020
    Trading hours break line Solid 2px White Smoke
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	181
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	1082909

When I press OK it opens the chart, and I set the option in Chart Properties dialogue to show the date range to the chart window, it has only loaded up to the 04/01/2020.
    Yet if I say load from the 07/01/2020, it includes data from the 07 and 06 of 01/2020.
    What is going on??? Why can't I just load the data for Tuesday 06 to previous 5 days and actually get the data for 06 and 05?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	265
Size:	525.9 KB
ID:	1082910

Also the "Trading hours break line" is not visible, and when I open the Data Series dialogue from the Chart toolbar it shows that the "Trading hours break line" color is set to "Slate Gray - Background Medium Gray". What happened to the White Smoke I selected when creating the chart???

Another issue is:
    I right click on the chart and select Properties, and it opens the Chart Properties dialogue.
    I then tick the "Show date range" option and press Apply and it shows the Date Range on the chart as expected.
    I then click the Preset link in the bottom right of the Properties dialogue and then click the save link, to save the "Show date range" option ticked as the new preset default.
    I then close the chart and open a new one, and the "Show date range" option is false, and does not show on the chart. What is saving the preset spost to do??? I would have thought it would make that configuration of the dialogue at the time of saving the preset, the new preset default values that would be used when creating a new chart.

Thanks for your time.

codeOwl.
    Attached Files

Hello codeowl,

Thank you for your note.

I notice you are running an out of date version of NinjaTrader 8.

To update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
    • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
    • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
    • Enter your license key and press Submit
    • Select 'NinjaTrader 8'
    • Select 'Download'
    • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.
    Do you experience the same on the latest build?

I can see from the screenshots that you have a chart template loading by default (on the top right of the data series) and I suspect this chart template is overriding your new configurations that you are making, this older template is loading on the new chart which is why you are not seeing the newly saved preset on the chart's properties. I suspect if you saved over the chart template or did not load a chart template, you'd see the preset loading properly on the chart.

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

NinjaTrader_ChrisSch,

Thanks for the prompt reply mate.
      I upgraded to the latest NT, and then when I created the chart used <None> for the Template in the Data Series dialogue.
      This solved the following:
      - "Show date range" option displays on the chart by default.
      - The "Trading hours break line" now shows as configured when creating the chart.

However the following issue still happens:
      When creating the chart in the Data Series dialogue I set the following:
      - FDAX 03-20
      - 5 Days with End Date: 06/01/2020
      However when the chart loads, it only has data from the 04/01/2020 loaded.
      When I load from the current day it does load data for the 06/01/2020.
      I created a vid demonstrating the behavior I am seeing and you can download from the attached link.

Also a separate issue is when I create a new Chart in the Data Series dialogue if I set the "Trading hours" to "Eurex Equity Index Futures Extended" and then click the "preset minute" line and then click the "save" link to save this as the preset default Trading hours for the minute chart and then I press OK to create the chart. I then close the chart and create a new one, in the Data Series dialogue the Trading hours defaults back to "<Use instrument settings>". Why does this not save as part of the preset for the minute chart?

Regards,

codeOwl

Comment

Hello codeowl,

Thank you for the reply.

I haven't been able to reproduce yet, what data provider are you connecting to? Do you experience the same after clearing the cache files?

First, you'll want to make sure that you have completely closed and exited the NinjaTrader program. To delete the cache, you'll navigate to Documents folder, NinjaTrader folder, db folder and then delete the "cache", "day", "minute" and "tick" folders respectively. When you have accomplished this, you'll then relaunch NinjaTrader as you normally would.

For the second issue, this would be expected as trading hours are not retained with the presets. You can change the trading hours template for the instrument specifically if you'd like it to load by default when opening a chart. You can do this via Tools > Instruments.

Comment

NinjaTrader_ChrisSch,

Thanks for the reply.

I am using Continuum for data feed.
          I shut down NinjaTrader, deleted the "cache", "day", "minute" and "tick" folders you mentioned, and then started NT and repeated the test of loading a Chart with:
          End Date: 06/01/2020
          Days to Load: 5
          Trading Hours: Eurex Equity Index Futures Extended

I still get only data up to the 04/01/2020 loaded, as demonstrated in the video like I provided previously.

How can I solve this?

Regards,

codeOwl

Comment

Hello codeowl,

Thank you for your note.

It may be best to connect with you for a remote support session to further assist in this case. Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "ATTN CHRIS S 2382244" in the subject line so I may investigate this matter further.
            • Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
            • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
            • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
            • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Comment

NinjaTrader_ChrisSch,

I have sent the logs as required.

Regards,

codeOwl.

Comment

Running 8.0.20.1 ....when loading a new chart (ES 4 second) a desired bar width of 1 always reverts back to 3.for another new chart..even though 1 has been saved.
                Are there instructions on how to save 1 ??

Thanks....
                Last edited by Alfred; 01-11-2020, 01:02 PM. Reason: add info

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by manueldecastro, Yesterday, 10:26 AM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post manueldecastro  
                Started by TraderIqbal, 10-20-2023, 10:12 AM
                2 responses