Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Expectation out of Ninjatrader interface for user-friendly usage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expectation out of Ninjatrader interface for user-friendly usage.

Expectation out of Ninjatrader interface for user-friendly usage

1) Option to save chart setting as default but no option to load default chart setting.
    2) Re-docking of chart.
    3) Multi-select of chart to move to new window and as well re-dock multiple window to other.
    4) Auto minute chart reload from data-feed instead of displaying Wrong charts.
    5) Auto reload of tick charts in all charts with CPU efficient.
    6) Standardize third party tools with efficiency, instead of they showing their skills in displaying the logo craps and selling the same in bomb price, where novice are trapped to it and it is only a lose for Ninjatrader and then for the novice. Here Ninjatrader is solely responsible for this damage.

Please focus on Values as you do, dont make me to remember the same.

Thank you

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

I will address your concerns in the numerical order you submitted them. Any concern that cannot already be achieved I will submit to our development team as a feature request. I will also ask for further clarification to ensure I submit the feature request exactly as you would like it to work on the platform.

1) You may already load your Default chart template. When you save a Default chart template, it will be the automatic template when you create a new chart. You can manually load a Default template by right-clicking on a chart->Templates->Load and selecting "Default." Here is more information about how templates work:

2) By re-docking of a chart do you mean re-docking a tab into an existing chart window? If so, I will submit this as a feature request.

3) I will submit this as a feature request.

4) Could you please go into a bit more detail about what you would like here? You state that the wrong chart is displayed, is this when you create a new chart, restart the platform, or something else? Is the historical data not displaying correctly when you connect?

5) What do you mean by auto reload of tick charts? Do you want the historical data to be periodically reloaded?

6) It would not necessarily be possible to standardize third party tools so that they all display the same. We do not control the code that third party developers create, but allow their import so that users may customize their platform. When you import a third-party addon there is a disclaimer that warns that 3rd Party Add-Ons have the potential to adversely impact the performance and stability of your installation and that you import them at your own risk. We also recommend that you only import addons from sources that you trust. Here is a link to our Help Guide article about the potential impact of 3rd Party Addons:

Once you provide a bit more clarification on points 2, 4 and 5 I will submit your feedback to our development team.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Happy new year Melissa

1) Yes we are loading default template when a new chart is being added, but when using 100's of charts at a time, load default will save a huge time.

2) Yes re-docking a tab into existing chart window.

3) Thank you.

4) Please go through the below links for details
      https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...ing-tick-chart

5) Charts are showing wrong data time to time, not every-time a user will know that, pls look at the below link for details
      https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...of-auto-refill

6) If Add-Ons developed for Ninjatrader and if it is approved by Ninjatrader, why do you say you can't possibly standardize third party tools??
      I think you are not ignoring users in licencing the craps.

7) An additional request, this to apply template for multiple selected tabs.
      I.e, To apply template to multiple selected tabs.

Looking forward in seeing the changes.
      Last edited by thgamey; 12-31-2019, 08:01 PM.

Comment

1. This is how the default template already behaves - it loads the 'Default' template by default. Can you elaborate how you're creating charts and seeing that your default template is not applied?

2, 3. Feature request tracking number pending

4. The link you provided leads to an existing feature request regarding missing ticks on charts when connectivity issues occur. Is this the correct link?

5. This is a similar concern to #4, however, you haven't responded to our most recent inquiry. Please respond on that thread to our questions

6. NinjaTrader 8 provides a development environment allowing low-level access to 3rd party developers. There is currently no way to necessarily 'police' the quality of code. Please see the link below for more detials

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...tallingAdd-Ons

7. I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-2080. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 01-01-2020, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Happy New Year Dear Patrick

1) I interpret 100's of chart at a time, at those times I'm in need of loading a default template to the current chart. While we have option to save default but no option to load default at once.

2, 3) Great to know that feature is requested but am scared of how long with it reflect in live, since I already have a tracking ID(internal tracking number SFT-2593), tracking for months and no update yet, looking forward with the same.
          Hi, When multiple charts are opened there is an option to move a chart to new window. Likewise is there an option to redock a chart window back to any

4) Yup the same, but still the refilling of tick chart missing in OrderFlow from the feed time to time.

5) Have replied, pls have a look.

6) Yeah saw that link, which say the below, so what is the point of having 3rd Party Add-Ons without standards, just to sell Licence??

•Windows become slow or unresponsive to user interaction
          •Market data becomes unusually slow to load or update
          •Standard features fail to work as designed
          •Other scripts fail to work as designed (custom scripts that work on their own may conflict with each other)
          •Lost connections from market data providers
          •Error messages are generated at various times
          •The entire application shuts down abruptly and without warning

7) looking forwards to get implemented sooner

Thank you.

Comment

1. Covered by feature request in point #7

2, 3. Deciding on features for future releases is not a simple black and white decision. There are many factors involved including but not limited to:
            • Demand which is measured by objective user requests and subjective discretion on the part of our Product Management team.
            • Feasibility
            • Developer bandwidth
            • Current projects in the queue
            • Economics
            You'll find the tracking numbers provided in the release notes when a feature is implemented

4, 5 Please keep this conversation focused in their original posts

6. A license key is required to use custom add-ons with NinjaTrader.

7. Same answer as 2 and 3

Comment

Thanks for considering the request, but what is the point of using advanced tool be using without ease of use?

Time consumption to do all these basic work is too much, if it is made available after long time what is the time cost of every individual?

Yes 1, 2, 3 & 7 are co-related to each other but all are different.

Using a tool without 4 & 5 re-thinkable!

Couldn't understand your reply for 6th, please explain, what is the point of having 3rd Party Add-Ons without standards?

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

3rd party addons allow for greater customization of the platform so that each trader may have the configuration necesary to implement their personal strategy. As this code is not created by us there is no way for us to police it; doing so would prevent users from writing their own individual code within the platform and severely limit the freedom of customization.

My colleague mentioned license keys because In order to use custom addons you either have to have a simulated license key, a leased license key, or a lifetime license key. Users who have a free license key will not be able to import or use third party addons.

Additionally, our development team makes decisions on whether or not to implement feature requests based on a number of factors and must take into account not just individual user feedback but the overall feedback of the community. If there is enough demand for a feature then it will be implemented if and when it is feasible to add it to the platform along with other ongoing improvement projects. We could not comment on the specific "time cost" of every individual.

We will update you with any outstanding feature request tracking numbers once they are generated.

Thank you for your patience.

Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi

I get it, am not against 3rd party addons, just expecting it more of a reasonable one. I took info to Ninjatrader just because Ninjatrader is much better to those and few are misused. Its Ninjatrader's choice now to decide up on.

Not everyone will request for features, many use it just the way it is. Dont take liberty of my request because it is the time I invested to ask, Just to make Ninjatrader platform more user-friendly.

Consider it and act as you plan.

Thanks.
                  Last edited by thgamey; 01-02-2020, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by geddyisodin, 04-25-2024, 05:20 AM
                  8 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                  Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
                  4 responses
                  1 like
                  Last Post jgualdronc