Select the same tab simultaneously in all charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Select the same tab simultaneously in all charts

Hello, I have two screens in my workspace, as shown in the images attached. In screen 1, I have a 5 min chart, a 15 min chart & a 60 min chart and in screen 2 I have a 3 min chart (my trigger chart). All charts have 6 instruments in the same order (ES - NQ - GC - CL - NG - HG). Is there a way to switch tabs simultaneously in all the four charts when I click on any tab from any chart? For example, If I click the second tab in the 5 min chart (NQ), all of the other charts show me also the second tab ??

Regards

Hello kevinfloresz,

Thank you for your note.

It would not currently be possible to sync chart tabs in this way but I have submitted your inquiry to our development team as a feature request.

Please let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

#kevinfloresz - vendor =Edge= (IIRC) sells an add-on for it. Just a FYI, not recommending, promoting etc, no affiliation. Search Tab Linking if interested

Comment

Originally posted by brucerobinson View Post
        #kevinfloresz - vendor =Edge= (IIRC) sells an add-on for it. Just a FYI, not recommending, promoting etc, no affiliation. Search Tab Linking if interested
        Thanks Bruce! Here is a quick direct link to my products in NT's Ecosystem..

Search trading apps & services to cusomize your NinjaTrader platform with trading indicators, signals and strategies.

Autotab can be found at the very bottom..

I'm hoping to release an update after the holidays that also includes a workspace changer as well..
        (Please refer to attatched image, simply right click to see your workspace list, then click WS to change)

-=Edge=-
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Comment

Hello NinjaTrader_ChrisSch, thanks for your response, glad to see that this inquiry was sent to development team as a feature request, is there a number of request for this ?

Hello brucerobinson & Edge, thanks for your response, I will check that option too

regards

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChrisSch View Post
            It would not currently be possible to sync chart tabs in this way but I have submitted your inquiry to our development team as a feature request.
            What is this request tracking ID number? Please add my vote for this feature.

Comment

Please add my vote for this feature

Comment

Hello Lancer,

Vote added. Still waiting on a tracking ID number on this request.

Comment

Hello TraderYoda,

Vote added!

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChrisSch View Post
                    Still waiting on a tracking ID number on this request.
                    06-24-2015, 11:52 AM

This feature request can be tracked with ID # SFT-469.

First Submitted by Me in 2015
                    https://ninjatrader.com/support/forum/forum/historical-beta-archive/version-8-beta/76458-feature-request-tab-link

Ended up coding myself.. you can remove my vote now.. LOL..

-=Edge=-

Comment

Edge/HiTech - sure would be nice if you also added hotkey abiliity to select tab#1, tab#2 etc and assign a hotkey to each tab. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by plutotrader View Post
                        Edge/HiTech - sure would be nice if you also added hotkey abiliity to select tab#1, tab#2 etc and assign a hotkey to each tab. Thanks.
                        Interesting Concept and Like the Idea!
                        Added a WorkSpace Changer to Last Update!

Will look into incorporating Hot Keys for Both!

-=Edge=-

Comment

Edge, when using the Auto Tab Linking add-on, do you also have a solution to the Chart Trader /ATM Strategy problem? (same Chart Trader /ATM Strategy configuration applies to all tabs in one chart, not separately to each different instrument tab in chart and Instrument Linked tabs in multiple charts)

For example, a workspace consists of four chart windows, with six tabs in each. The chart windows and tabs are organized so each chart window is for a different periodicity (e.g. 1 min, 5 min, 15 min, 60 min), and each tab is for a different instrument (e.g. ES, NQ, YM, RTY, CL, GC). So, in each of the four chart windows, those six instrument tabs are in that order, and each instrument's four tabs of different time periods are linked by Instrument Link color. With this arrangement, all four periods of any one of six instruments can be visible at the same time. And with your Auto Tab Linking add-on, clicking on any instrument tab changes instruments in all charts simultaneously. So that's all good, but different instruments require different Chart Trader /ATM Strategy configurations, and as NT8 functions now, unless I'm missing something, Chart Trader /ATM Strategies apply to a chart window and all its tabs regardless of instrument differences, not to each different instrument tab separately. This is a significant problem, and makes an efficient workspace with Auto Tab Linking impractical to use with Chart Trader /ATM Strategies.

Ideally, the Chart Trader would have a selector to either Apply to Chart (applicable to all contained tabs - the existing functionality) or Apply to Instrument (separately applicable to each different instrument tab within the chart, and to all Instrument Linked tabs in other charts). This product improvement suggestion, or something close to it, was submitted to NT in 2018 (SFT-2060), and I don't know status. I thought you might have run into this Chart Trader /ATM Strategy problem with workspaces built for Auto Tab Linking.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer View Post
                            Edge, when using the Auto Tab Linking add-on, do you also have a solution to the Chart Trader /ATM Strategy problem?
                            @Lancer

No Sorry, I've never really looked into that..
                            Don't care to open ChartTrader.. Chart Space!..
                            Designed WS around this limitation from start..

As you can see here in pic of 4k sample workspace..

I tend to use the Dom.. (also linked by AutoTab)..
                            The open Dom has 4 Tabs.. they switch w/charts..

or Buttons I've designed for various methodologies..
                            Indicator Buttons.. coded with UnManaged Approach..
                            limit/market/mit w/associated exits (Some ATM too)..

This way I can adjust ALL orders thru chart/dom/script..
                            and don't have to mess with the nuances of a strategy..

But because of the so many variables involved w/AutoTab..
                            More in the timing of each resource being loaded on change,
                            Not sure I would want to attempt this within AutoTab itself..
                            (currently extremely stable!.. prefer not messing w/that!)

Another way to possibly accomplish this would be...
                            Start with designing a button to place on chart..
                            then code button click to change ATM in ChartTrader..
                            Could possibly even use an associated dropdown list,
                            or even design a whole toolstrip full of buttons..

Just a thought... Best of Luck!

-=Edge=-

Comment

Please add my vote to SFT-469. Thank you!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post adeelshahzad  
                              Started by dappa, Today, 09:18 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB